Marketing Manager - Major Sporting Event!
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location - Central London, City
I'm excited to be partnering with a global leader in the sport of obstacle racing, catering to people from all walks of life - from people who are running their first race in aid of a good cause to endurance athletes!
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for an entrepreneurial marketer to take their UK and Ireland business to new levels in terms of brand awareness and growth.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for leading and developing all marketing and brand activities within UK and Ireland, creating and managing the marketing strategy for the business ad identifying opportunities for future growth.
- Developing and implementing annual marketing strategy aligned to the business' key objectives.
- Managing all activities related to the brand to ensure it is presented in a manner that reflects the strategic direction.
- Devising, preparing and implementing a promotional and communications calendar.
- Building marketing budget, whilst also identifying opportunities for ROI.
- Understanding and setting best practices and programmes for SEO, re-targeting, PPC, media advertising, paid social, etc.
- Coordinating PR to promote and position the brand message.
- Preparing, managing and implementing both B2B and B2C marketing plans for all revenue generating business units, including participants, sponsors and strategic partners.
- Ensuring ROI is evidenced for all marketing activity undertaken.
- Delivering market research projects.
- Managing the design of printing and promotional materials, from brief to production.
- Managing and leading a small marketing team, including a digital marketing specialist and a marketing executive.
- Ensuring the marketing team have a development programme in line with KPIs and ensure performance management of the marketing team through regular assessment of objectives.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a marketing role, preferably within a sports and/or major events environment.
- A strong leader with the ability to motivate as well as manage high level stakeholder relationships.
- A love of sports or running would be highly beneficial!
- A proven track record of successfully development and implementing marketing strategies and plans with demonstrable ROI.
- Experience in running and maintain and update marketing budgets.
- A network of relevant industry contacts would be a desirable.
- Comfortable working with data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Ability to build reporting tools and analyse campaign metrics including via Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools and how they function for optimisation - e.g. SEO.
- An aptitude for prioritising multiple projects.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate with a solutions-led approach.
- Marketing Manager;fitness;sport;running;racing;sporting events;charity runs;marketing campaigns