MARKETING MANAGER - INCENTIVES, BUSINESS TRAVEL & MEETINGS EXHIBITIONS / EVENTS
This world leading FTSE 100 media company, who organises over 500 events in 30 countries, has an exciting opportunity within one of it's prestigious portfolio of events and exhibitions.
The Incentives, Business Travel and Meetings (IBTM) team love events! They organise the leading events for event organisers, including the flagship IBTM world in Barcelona as well as events in China, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East. They are passionate about creating amazing experiences that planners can be inspired by and have teams based in the US, Mexico, China and UAE to help deliver global events with a local feel.
Their business is about making face to face connections so the successful candidate will be outgoing, customer centric and hard working joining a busy, dynamic work environment.
In the role as Marketing Manager ibtm, you will be working across the ibtm portfolio, but with key responsibility for the China, UAE and Latin American events. They are looking for a strategic, results-orientated and commercially driven marketer who can also execute content led strategies. Ideal candidates must be passionate marketers with a love for storytelling and planning and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns. You must be able to combine a strategic and analytical mind with the ability to execute.
The ideal candidate will be good with people and at building relationships - a key part of the role will be working closely with the other Marketing Manager to manage a team of 5 in executing campaigns on time and in budget to drive engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour, to deliver show sales, revenues and attendance.
- Develop integrated, customer segmented marketing strategies and plans
- Outline customer journey for segment and ensure all communications complement the journey.
- Ensure attendee satisfaction levels increase across the portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the execution of the marketing plan for nominated shows, using the Marketing Team to deliver.
- Focus on improving marketing effectiveness, delivering efficiencies by working across portfolio and embedding best practice
- Ongoing analysis of campaign results and subsequent changes needed to the plan.
- Be responsible for collecting consumer insight & recommending research gaps to understand customer or market needs to build stronger brand experience and value proposition
- Work with central marketing insight team to evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to produce effective and engaging marketing strategies. Identify gaps and new market sectors to develop
- Identify attendee and exhibitor motivators and develop programs to improve retention and customer experience
- Manage marketing budget for nominated events, ensuring that Marketing Team deliver on budget and ensuring all costs are tracked. Ability to look for cost savings if and when required without compromising overall marketing campaign
- Close working relationship with other Marketing Manager and marketing team
- Direct line management of a Senior Marketing Executive and a Marketing Executive.
- Matrix management of other Marketing staff within portfolio in order to deliver marketing plan.
- Providing coaching, leadership and setting of clear performance objectives
Ideal candidate profile:
- An insights driven, flexible and enthusiastic Marketing professional with a minimum of 5 years marketing experience
- Commercially focused with an understanding of how marketing can positively impact financial performance
- A passion for the events industry and our brands
- A multi-tasker, with an enthusiasm to work across multiple shows to communicate with one voice to segmented customer types
- A strategic thinker, who evaluates effort vs. reward in relation to commercial goals
- Experience of managing teams - providing, direction, coaching and inspiring our teams to be the best they can be.
- A team player with a proven ability to work in a matrix structure environment, managing multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
- A willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals building effective relationships with cultural sensitivity
- Experience in using digital marketing as part of the overall marketing mix - experience of marketing automation / eloqua and advantage
- Creativity and initiative in a Marketing environment
- Experience of marketing events to deliver attendance and revenue
- Market vision and the ability to quickly acquire detailed knowledge of the global meetings and events industry
- Ability to manage budgets, carry out analysis and work closely with suppliers
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and juggle priorities
If you have these skills, please send your CV to The Career Factor Ltd asap, who are acting as agents in this matter. Only successful candidates will be contacted.