On 3rd November 2016 Her Majesty the Queen opened the new National Heritage Centre for Horseracing & Sporting Art at Palace House Newmarket. Situated in the remaining elements of Charles II’s sporting palace and stables it spans five acres in the heart of Newmarket and comprises three complementary attractions: The National Horseracing Museum, the Fred Packard Galleries of British Sporting Art and a flagship yard for Retraining of Racehorses Charity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Palace House Newmarket in the role of Marketing Manager to cover Maternity Leave, on a fixed term contract (approx. 6 months). We are looking for a dynamic, creative and imaginative individual with marketing and heritage management experience and good commercial acumen.
You will play a key role in helping to plan, implement and manage marketing and communications campaigns to raise the profile of Palace House Newmarket and maximize visitor numbers and achieve income targets.
The role will encompass all aspects of marketing, including campaign delivery, digital media and PR.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience of developing and implementing marketing plans/strategies within a limited budget and resources in a heritage or museum environment
- Experience of working with creative and design agencies
- Experience of digital marketing and its application for heritage and museums
- Experience of social media and running successful engagement campaigns
- A proven track record of working across teams/organisational partnerships to deliver outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- The ability to work flexibly and prioritise a diverse workload
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required
- Excellent computer skills specifically using a website CMS
- A knowledge of horseracing is an advantage but not essential
To apply, please send your current CV and a covering letter, explaining your interest in this post and relevant experience and qualifications, together with details of at least two referees. Please also indicate if there are any restrictions on you taking up employment in the UK and, if so, provide details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job