The post holder will report to the Senior Marketing and Brand Manager and will work with senior managers within the British Pharmacopoeia and its suppliers, as well as across the wider Agency, to support and deliver a wide range of marketing activity. The emphasis of the role is on developing and implementing marketing activity to support two key areas of business. The post holder will need to build and manage internal relationships at a senior level and convince managers, scientists and healthcare professionals of the benefits of marketing in a public sector organisation where the main aim and motivation of staff is to improve public health. Key responsibilities:
- The post holder will provide expert advice and guidance and support the wider team to evaluate and understand the outcomes of the contractor's marketing efforts, to undertake market research where necessary and to recommend strategic direction, based on insight and data.
- The post holder will provide the team with a comprehensive understanding of its international market, make strategic recommendations about effective marketing approaches and develop and implement marketing plans that will support sales growth.
- Acting as the Communications Account Director for the British Pharmacopoeia and its portfolio of business activities, working with suppliers, managers, scientists and healthcare professionals and providing expert advice and support to develop their communications plans.
- The post holder will be expected to deliver all stages of the strategy and implementation process - from developing market research and customer insight proposals to developing marketing plans and implementing activities like key message development and guiding the production of marketing collateral - working with other teams in the Communications Division.
- The post holder will need to understand the requirement for commercial confidentiality and implement government and Agency policies that relate to the management of commercially sensitive information, including but not limited to: customer contact data; customer insight; competitor analysis; financial information.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies and plans using the full marketing mix, ensuring alignment with the Agency and its expert centres' business objectives, and delivering measurable, value for money outcomes.
- Carrying out market and customer research to obtain data, evidence, insight and market intelligence to inform marketing strategy and plans.
- Managing the production of collateral and promotional materials, ensuring compliance with procurement rules and spend controls; commissioning external suppliers, and managing relationships and contracts with suppliers.
- Making new and potential customers and stakeholders aware of who we are, what we do, and what is unique about our offering.
- Acting as Communications Account Director for the BP: establishing and maintaining relationships with the group's senior management team, identifying its communication needs and priorities, and developing and overseeing delivery of the BP annual communications plans.
- Monitoring and evaluating marketing activities, measuring outcomes and ROI.
- Compiling, writing and presenting reports and papers to the Corporate Executive Team and other senior level groups.
- Writing compelling copy for a variety of target audiences and channels.
- Managing projects to ensure they deliver to the agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Horizon scanning to inform marketing and communication plans.
- Marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience of international marketing would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth, hands on experience of the full marketing mix in the B2B sector using a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts with proven results.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; able to create and present engaging presentations and produce compelling copy for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Strong organisation and project management skills to deliver projects on time and within budget; able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team and deliver multiple projects at pace.
- A strategic and creative thinker - able to see the bigger picture, analyse situations, suggest solutions, contribute ideas, mitigate risks, identify opportunities.
- Able to identify a range of relevant and credible information sources, recognise patterns and trends in evidence/data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people at all levels, internally and externally; having the confidence to challenge and stand ground when needed; able to influence senior leaders and decision makers. May be required to travel e.g. to other agency sites, or attend external training and meetings.
- Experience of B2B marketing and raising profile in the public/not for profit sector and commercial sectors (preferably in the health or science area) including: developing and implementing strategies and delivering measurable outcomes using the full marketing mix; optimising use of digital channels and social media; dealing with senior managers/professionals; managing projects and project teams; achieving impact on a modest budget; and copywriting.
- Knowledge of marketing B2B publications will be an advantage.
- Solid B2B marketer with experience of marketing strategy implementation, agency-management experience and tactical delivery.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience ASAP
- Solid B2B marketer with experience of marketing strategy implementation
- agency-management experience and tactical delivery.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job