Purpose of the Role...
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Intelligence Manager to contribute to the companys success by infusing an objective, holistic, and actionable view of the market, and support the key planning initiatives for the business!
The Strategy & Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for analysing business metrics and providing actionable insight (market & competitor). The main objective of this position is to provide information to the stakeholders in the Product & Sales business Units (sales & share forecasts, retention, switching targets etc) for use in developing a deeper understanding of their business to establish 100 day sales plans, and identify areas for growth.
Support of the short and long term strategic planning, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure opportunities and risks are identified. Plans should be aligned & prioritized based on the full knowledge of anticipated changes in the external landscape. As a strategic advisor to the organization, you will propose and where agreed lead strategies to better understand competitors and/or customers.
You will be working with internal data sources (from other teams) and agency partners to execute on research requests to identify gaps in current data analysis and/or propose new analytics.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand the market and business context, synthesize all relevant information, and tell a compelling story that leads to actionable recommendations -
findings to all levels of management including Presidents
This role will be a very busy one so we are looking for someone with proven experience in a similar role, ideally in the mobile industry with analytical experience, managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Go-to person for market intelligence and revenue guidance on specified categories (phone, wearables, tablet etc)
- Analytics on all data source and identify correlation leading to business recommendation
- Analytical interpretation of research, sales data, and market dynamics to make business recommendations
- Provide market, competitor, and category insights for the individual account teams. Working to tailor the analysis to their account delivering regular insights to inform and help support/shape the account planning and sales process.
- Derive commercial value and pitching angle to channel partners with consumer insights, including CDM (Consumer Data Management) project activity.
- Engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Build or develop the market knowledge with a focus on understanding available market potential and opportunity, market penetration, and customer valuation models:
- Ensure adoption of consistent process/methodologies/source data (modelling, assumptions, use of external data sources). Act as an interface point to other teams on the use and interpretation of data
- Determine the customer’s lifecycle and value to the organization - integrate internal / external customer level data to measure / track customer value and buying behaviour
- Direct & manage quarterly performance reports ranging from manager level to Senior executives
- Preparation of business strategy presentations for Snr Headquarter execs and EHQ/UK board
- Be aware of current organisational priorities to ensure planning activities are aligned and prioritised against the business needs
Essential Hard Skills Required:
- Mobile Industry experience preferred or working for a premium brand in an analytical role
- Outstanding PowerPoint and excel skills.
- Knowledge of SQL/VBA required
- Proven ability to present complicated material in a concise and compelling manner with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong numeracy / commercial acumen
- Expert knowledge of existing research techniques and emerging trends.
- Solid understanding of new and emerging media platforms (i.e. mobile, digital, social media).
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical skills.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Essential Soft Skills Required:
- Proven ability to build trust and engagement and act as an influencer at all levels with confidence to respectfully challenge existing business models.
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively, at a fast pace, with accuracy, in an uncertain environment
- Tenacious, passionate and driven
- Consulting mindset to drive sound and inspiring solutions and recommendations for the business.
To be successful in this role you ideally have:-
- Attention to details
- Strong organizational skills
- Multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict time lines in a fast paced environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job