Can you provide a marketing team with insights that will help them improve and evolve? Are you fascinated by how data and analysis can be interrogated to help guide strategy and give insight on customer behaviour?
We have a super opportunity with a global academic publisher for a Marketing Insights Manager to join their books marketing team, to work with colleagues across multiple offices to plan and execute analysis and insight to help drive the activities of the team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Managing analytical and insight activity and projects for the books marketing team, developing the strategy in this area
- Providing regular reporting on campaign trends, KPIs, success metrics and benchmarks (including competitor analysis)
- Customer segmentation - reporting on behaviour, journey and acquisition/retention
- Reporting on customer journeys and personas, testing and helping marketers to refine
- Recommend and research briefs
- Report on web activity and ecommerce sales funnel - including Google Analytics and SEO
- Timely delivery strategic analysis and insight to the business to measure performance and inform strategy
This is a highly interesting and important role within the team and the successful person might be a Marketing professional with a flair for using and interpreting data, or a data scientist with a flair for providing insight. What is important is that you’re confident at and enthusiastic about using data to provide evidence for customer behaviour.
Skills and experience required:
- Data Analysis: Strong proficiency in spreadsheets and statistical analysis , with the ability to extrapolate, interpret and communicate data from multiple sources
- IT Literacy: Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and reporting systems
- Advanced use of Excel essential (including Pivot/Power Pivot and macros); knowledge of Access, SQL or Sales Force an advantage
- Ability to use data/market knowledge to spot and investigate data inconsistencies/anomalies in your own and others work
- A critical and creative thinker with strong project management, relationship and communication skills
This position can be based in their offices in the USA or Oxford, though if applying for the USA office you will need to be based in the U.S already.
For further information please apply with your CV and a short covering letter, outlining your salary expectations and preferred location.