Marketing Executive - Research & Events (Financial & Energy)
£28,000 + Benefits & Bonus
My Client…is a leading, research-based commercial conference company, specialising in high-level conferences in a variety of subject areas, including financial markets and regulation, infrastructure/public-private partnerships, energy and renewables, public policy, business strategy and cyber security. Featuring speaker faculties of exceptional quality, the company’s cutting-edge programmes provide real insight into the latest developments in these key sectors, as well as excellent networking opportunities. While delegates pay to attend, the company’s events are also sponsored by a wide range of international companies, both city based and an office in Surrey.
The Role…the successful candidate will join a four-person marketing team, based in the Surrey office. After successful completion of an initial six-month trial period on a fixed-term contract, the candidate will have the opportunity to become a permanent member of staff in this expanding company.
Candidate profile: The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years' experience in marketing, preferably in the commercial conference industry. They should have experience of planning and executing targeted email and social media campaigns to attract paying delegates/customers. The candidate must be hardworking, creative and willing to contribute to the company's success from the outset. A good knowledge of all Microsoft office programmes is essential. Basic knowledge of html and photo-editing software would also be useful.
- Liaising with conference producers on individual email and social media campaigns.
- Analysing available data to reach the target audience
- Developing the company’s relationship with the individuals on its CRM in order to better understand their specific interests and to ensure that the company is GDPR-compliant.
- Analysing responses on our CRM to generate leads that should be followed up and to fine-tune campaigns.
- Researching potential media partners/supporters for events.
- Approaching and liaising with media partners/supporters, negotiating the benefits we can receive as part of the arrangements (inclusion in newsletters, email to members, website listings etc).
- Creating promotional flyers for different events.
- Designing and creating adverts (both online and print) as well as other promotional material.
- Marketing Executive