As POS Executive, you will assist in the day to day operation of the POS and Print function within Marketing. You will provide a creative link between the Visual Merchandising and Creative production teams with a view to enhancing the POS Strategy and to help drive a consistent brand message across the business that is delivered through Point of Sale.
- Collates Weekly Ad Hoc & Phase POS briefs from the Visual Merchandising team and translates these to print specs. Also collates specs for seasonal events and Marketing promotions.
- Creates print specs for the POS Manager to sign off.
- Collates photo shoot Cads for POS photo shoots and co-ordinates the sample process.
- Collates the POS activity timeline and communicates these to the team weekly.
- Creates POS Databases and Destroy Lists for each new Phase.
- Raises and receipts purchase orders for POS and Print.
- Fully understand the POS Strategy for use in all stores and act as a point of contact in office for stores, VM and Field Teams
- Train, motivate and develop the POS Assistant identifying training gaps, and development needs
- Communicates weekly POS updates to the wider business informing relevant parties about POS deliveries, strategy updates and sharing best practice techniques.
- Monitors competitors on a Seasonal basis and when required with a view to comparing their POS strategy and components with our own.
- Manages Print invoice queries
- Liaising with the Print Manager for purchase order and invoice queries.
- Liaising with the Buying & Merchandising, Retail and Creative Artwork teams to collate all weekly Ad Hoc and Phase POS requirements.
- Is a point of contact for the POS Order line facility, dealing with queries and collating information on a daily and weekly basis.
- Competent PC skills particularly with Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Good general commercial awareness
- A creative eye and an ability to recognise potential improvements to the current POS strategy and components
- Experience in a similar role
- Confident communicator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of personal drive with a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to work individually and also as part of a larger team
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.