20 hours per week - Witney office
Reports into: Executive Director
Available from mid-March
Key roles and responsibilities
The Marketing Executive is responsible for the promotion of UKSG, its activities, events and publications. Using a mix of social media, web marketing and traditional methods, you will work with the Executive Director to improve the mix and frequency of social media campaigns to include both day-to-day and strategic content. You will also be responsible for special projects such as our webinar programme and the production of our app for our annual conference. You will be working closely with the volunteers on our Outreach & Engagement Committee to craft messaging to attract new members and also communicate to existing members.
In April of each year we hold our annual conference in various towns in the UK. The Marketing Executive plays a key role in engaging with the delegates and using social media/the app to ensure they get the most out of the meeting. The conference takes place over three days - Monday to Wednesday - but you would be required to attend the Sunday also to assist with the set up. +
You will be expected to comply with the latest data protection regulations that are in place.
You must have at least two years of digital and traditional marketing experience, ideally from a section of the community that we serve. You must have experience of conducting campaigns on social media and using email marketing. You will also be responsible for updating our website and leading the project to move to an upgraded platform by the summer of 2018. Trialling new platforms/services and advising on new technology is important, so you would be expected to keep up to date with market developments. As part of the recruitment process we will expect to see clear evidence of your marketing experience.
You will be a confident self-starter with the ability to work on the detail as well as see how your activities impact on the work of UKSG in general.
- UKSG activities are currently managed from an office in Witney, Oxfordshire.
- UKSG organisational activities, including committee meetings and events, take place across the UK and Ireland, hence some travel is to be expected
- UKSG is a not-for-profit organisation with a relatively small staff compliment: it is expected that all staff will participate in a range of practical duties from time to time, displaying a flexible attitude towards tasks and working hours, particularly to ensure the successful delivery of major events
- Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom: this post is not compliant with UKBA guidelines for candidates who need to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship to work in the UK. You must therefore already be eligible to work in the United Kingdom to qualify for this position.
- Data protection: personal and business information must be kept strictly confidential. It should be noted that breach of confidentiality is a serious offence.
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Project Management
- Web Marketing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job