This top-tier and highly regarded US bank will be celebrating a significant anniversary with clients, employees and friends through a series of events across the globe in Sept-Dec 2018. The Marketing Events Planner’s primary role is to help plan and execute European and Asian events, working to ensure a consistently excellent experience across all events; and efficient workflow through use of appropriate marketing tools/technology and clear budget tracking. The Marketing Events Planner will regularly report on event progress, and adherence to the budget and compliance policy. Separate from the anniversary, the MEP will support the coordination and execution of strategic client events and industry conferences when needed.
The MEP will build relationships with the firm’s senior management team, and local sales and marketing professionals, to generate consensus around event themes/ideas/programs and to ensure appropriate levels of attendance.
The MEP reports to the European Marketing Manager (MM) based in London. S/he works closely with the London and global Marketing, Events, and Creative Services teams, - both pre, during and post event - to ensure that the conference and events strategy is successfully delivered and accretive to the regional marketing and sales objectives.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Support the planning and execution of the Celebrations
- Coordinate Celebrations pre-, during, and post events.
- Create/execute event strategy in coordination with global Events team and Partner committees
- Contribute ideas to Event committee discussions, including for visuals, entertainment, video, lighting, etc.
- Communicate event-related action items and updates to management and other constituents through avenues that include meetings/presentations, email, sales portals and CRM
- Liaise with external vendors to achieve execution within budget and timeline, and firm-level quality standards. Make site visits when required. Coordinate catering, décor, A/V equipment, gifts, invites, etc
- Work with sales and marketing teams to coordinate invite lists via Salesforce and Marketo; monitor and help drive event attendance.
- Prepare event related items, including materials, registration lists, gift bags, etc.
- Manage on-site production and oversee clean-up as necessary.
- Create a strong partnership with internal parties across the business to ensure smooth execution of events: Marketo and Salesforce teams, Enterprise Services, Creative Services, Controllers, Legal, etc
- Help identify gaps or challenges in the existing events workflow and together with the marketing team, work to solve issues in due time.
Support of other events and conferences, metrics, and reporting
For Hosted Events:
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to create compelling event branding - words and visuals (invitation, signage, gifts etc).
- Draft internal Events communications with the goals of raising awareness and increasing engagement. Keep key stakeholders and external parties informed through update of public and internal website to reflect new and pertinent information
- Select/coordinate venues, catering, A/V equipment, gifts, invites, etc
- Liaise with external vendors to help negotiate rates, check contracts etc, to achieve execution within budget and timeline, and by internal quality standards. Make site visits when required.
- Organize invite lists and monitoring RSVPs to ensure event success.
For Industry Conferences:
- Coordinate firm’s pre, during, and post conference presence, including responsibilities noted above for firm-run events.
- Manage the delegate registration and payment process.
- Raise the internal awareness/usage of global collaboration tools such as Salesforce to increase the efficiency of the communication to clients
- Help deliver Events ROI and other management reporting
- Support the year-end budget reconciliation process as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of event management experience required, preferably in a financial services organization, or in the hospitality industry
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Excellent communication skills; including written and verbal and proofreading skills
- Excellent client services skills
- Strong interpersonal skills both in person and over the phone with the highest level of professionalism
- Ability to work globally
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple projects and work assignments, all with great attention to detail
- Team player but also able to work independently with little supervision
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merge, Email & Internet Research)
- Additional software: Cvent, Marketo, SalesForce, SAVO
- Language proficiency: English. French and German a plus
- Willingness to work outside of traditional hours when events require
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
- Ability to carry medium weight packages and to set-up material, standing long hours during event.
What We Offer:
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—within the Firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
- Event Management
- Event Planning
- Corporate Events
- International Events