Yachting Pages Media Group is a brand leading publishing company specialising in print, web, app and direct delivery products and services within the global superyacht industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented marketing professional within our team. In addition to the regular marketing skills, the successful candidate will possess an excellent commercial approach, be able to think on his/her feet, and above all be pro-active and make things happen.
Although based in newly refurbished, trendy offices in Bristol (the [HERE] building, formerly the ITV Studios on Bath Road), attendance at international boat shows including Monaco, Cannes and Fort Lauderdale are included in the role.
Marketing Plan & Strategy:
- Help the MD/OD implement the strategic direction for the group, and ensures that the group’s marketing strategies will maximise revenue growth and profitability.
- Working with Senior Management, contribute ideas to the marketing plan and then ensure implementation.
- Helps MD/OD develop and implement brand identity.
- Ensure that marketing activity is prioritised toward delivering high quality sales leads to the sales team.
- Determine markets and segments for future growth.
- Working with the MD/OD, ensure product plans are developed and implemented.
Boat Shows & Events:
- Working with the Group Operations Manager, achieve powerful partnerships with boat shows, through full understanding of their goals and matching and maximising our proposition.
- Ensure YPMG gains prime visibility before, during after boat shows events.
- Liaise with internal staff and external organisers to plan and execute the successful attendance at boat shows and events.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure that all goods, products and services are in place for our attendance at boat shows and events.
- Research ideas for promotional goods, ensuring that they are within budget and operationally possible.
- Manage the timeline for planning and supply to boat shows and events, ensuring that all goods and services are purchased and/or organised on time by all internal departments and external suppliers.
- When required, attend international and UK boat shows and events, representing Yachting Pages, networking, managing the stand, showcasing products and services and generating content for social sites and press releases.
- Produce a marketing report on all boat shows and events attended.
- To be the point of contact, build relationships and account manage our relationship with boat show organisers, those that we currently already know and attend as well as those we currently don’t. This relationship building should include, but is not limited to, networking, knowledge sharing, organising reciprocal contra deals, helping to generate content for our website, investigation of product distribution possibilities and the sharing of web links.
Increasing Our Reach:
- Identify opportunities to expand the business, including through partnerships.
- Propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Make contact with all boat shows, determining potential working collaborations. This will involve contacting by telephone and email all possible viable contacts. A strong use of commercial acumen is essential. Act as Account Manager in all cases.
- Build contacts and networking opportunities with yachting associations, governing bodies, trade associations and marinas to find mutual ways of working together, investigating possible revenue streams and reciprocal contra deal opportunities.
- Investigate collaborations with other media outlets.
- Close new partnership agreements by coordinating requirements and negotiating contracts.
- Ensure all admin processes for recording all contact and networking with boat shows and events, yachting associations, governing bodies, trade associations, marinas and any other contacts are in place and kept up to date to ensure efficient and regular account management.
Promotions & Branding:
- Source and account manage worldwide suppliers of promotional items and marketing collateral.
- Network with trade suppliers to find the latest ideas in promotional goods and services.
- Support the in-house design team by coordinating and collating content and ideas for artwork generation, in respect of boat show stand artwork, promotional items, marketing collateral, house ads, editorial, media kits, book covers and other items.
- Ensure the sales team are fully equipped with powerful sales collateral, media kits, sales presentations and branded materials.
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the company message to existing customers and potential new clients and markets.
- Positively communicate with all internal staff, ensuring brand awareness, company news, and staff engagement are paramount.
- Liaise with sales staff regarding client specific information to post across social media channels in support of and in addition to those posts made by our Website & Digital Department staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring that excellent quality pictures and copy are supplied from boat shows and events attended to generate engaging and highly relevant social media posts.
- Create innovative ways to generate leads in order to increase the size of our database.
- Liasing with boat show organisers, yachting assocs, governing bodies and trade assocs, source exhibitor and membership lists for communication to our sales staff as potential leads.
Client & User/Reader Surveys:
- Create content for surveys to gauge readership and engagement with our products.
- Conduct surveys at boat shows.
- Evaluate and report on survey results.
- Review competitor products and activity, reporting findings to Senior Management.
- Working with Senior Management, compile and monitor the annual Marketing budget.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Please apply with CV, covering letter and salary expectations.