Marketing Database Analyst - Fixed Term contract in Horsham
Overall Job Purpose
The client (a well known national charity) is looking for a Marketing Database Analyst to develop service and maintain robust analysis programmes, reporting suites and targeted supporter mailing programmes to maximise income and return on investment. To advise on how to fulfil fundraising requirements using these tools and make recommendations on how to use the output.
Key Tasks/Job Description
1. Translate Marketing and needs, from all levels across the client, into data requirements to deliver analysis, reports and data selections.
2. Design, develop and produce narrative reports to review financial returns and Key Performance Indicators on fundraising campaigns. Analyse previous mailings, to gain insight, in order to make recommendations on how to improve the efficiency of campaigns and maximise return.
3. Direct marketing managers/external agencies as to what audience to include within a fundraising campaign. Providing insight, counts and data selections of best fit to achieve fundraising or individual campaign objectives.
4. Produce insightful analysis along with predictive forecasting to assess and improve campaign performance. Identify key data segments requiring special attention, such as high value donors, to maximise ROI for all areas of the communication programme from recruitment to legacy pledges and lifetime value modelling. This relates to circa 200 campaigns per annum.
5. Provide analytical and statistical evidence to support the communication strategy such as how data is being used and whether data enhancement could add benefits.
6. Provide highly developed skills in problem identification and implementation of effective solutions ranging from investigating process issues to developing innovative ways of meeting marketing requirements in a logical manner.
7. Research, plan and implement new data driven processing analysis/functionality ensuring project teams are informed of all developments through regular update meetings.
8. Advise marketing managers/senior managers/department heads/external agencies in the use and understanding of the client’s data to enhance/aid the creative thinking when developing a fundraising campaign and support audience selection.
9. Act as the client’s expert in knowledge of how data held in the Customer Relationship Management database (CARE) is used in supporting the client’s income generation activities, by participating in advisory and knowledge transfer activities which include:
? Providing on the job advice and training to Marketing Executives as required.
? Providing detailed information to assist with data interpretation to external agencies and internal analysts engaged in analysis projects.
? Integrate new media channels (e.g. emails, telemarketing, text to donate) into existing communication processes and procedures, ensuring both existing and new channels work together to ensure communication programme is maintained whilst ensuring both offline and online best practices are considered.
? Maintain and develop both individual and team understanding of all legislation surrounding, direct marketing, telemarketing, e-marketing fundraising and data protection to ensure the client is complying with same.
? Understand the team’s and department’s operational plans and strategy to ensure work produced supports these objectives.
? Write and maintain procedures for the regular tasks and maintain an audit trail for all work completed.
? Formulate new working methods, utilising current tools; to aid in the development of efficiency within the role.
? Deliver project work to support the objectives and aiding the development of the team.
? Aid the wider team in the undertaking of their work as and when required.
? Data and image auditing for Campaigns, such as procurement and Gift Aid auditing.
While at work all staff are required to:
? Adhere to the client’s charitable objectives.
? Understand and comply with the client’s Code of Conduct.
? Take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
? Co-operate with client’s policies and procedures.
In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake such other reasonable duties as necessary to meet the needs of the client.
Marketing Database Analyst
PROFESSIONAL AND/OR TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
Maths and English A Level, equivalent or ability to demonstrate similar numerical/statistical aptitude
Proven experience of managing data, from varying sources, to extract real insight to support strategic business decisions. Previous experience of data management and analysis within a charity/client marketing based environment. Ability to connect safely and securely to the CARE database from multiple sources. Basic understanding of legislative knowledge around data protection
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or ability to demonstrate similar Access, Word and Excel ability.
Proficient in SQL query writing.
Ability to analyse and extract data to derive insight, forecast and produce reports.
Ability to communicate at all levels both within and outside of the organisation.
Competent negotiation around deadlines and priorities.
Ability to effectively Troubleshoot issues.
Ability to check and quality control own work.
Ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
Accurate, numeric and a strong attention to detail.
Flexible approach to work duties.
Attention to detail and detail conscious.
Collaborative working style.
Ability to priorit
- Crystal Reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"