Job Title: Marketing Data Operations Consultant
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + bonus + benefits
Location: London or Wilmslow
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Royal London are looking to make an important appointment of a Marketing Data Operations Consultant to join the Consumer Marketing Reporting team. The team support the wider marketing team to deliver offline campaigns to generate new business consumer sales. They also communicate and engage with customers to improve retention rates and cross sell / upsell volumes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team helping to manage Royal London's customer data, quality checking data, supporting the development and operational delivery of marketing campaigns data requirements to meet business targets for the marketing team in line with Royal London's Consumer promotion strategy.
- Work to the marketing campaign schedule as developed by Marketing Managers. Be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of campaign data.
- Liaises with Internal and external resources to ensure correct interpretation of briefs and delivery of campaign data on time.
- Liaises with key stakeholder to ensure resources are in place.
- Understand and apply the GDPR regulations when gathering, storing and managing the Consumer data.
- Look for ways to streamline and improve process flows - continuous improvement.
- Challenge the norm. Be proactive in approach to data process improvements.
- Support senior leaders in implementing and embedding the RMS.
- Ensure key business risks are fully understood, controlled and mitigated on the team to ensure local plans are delivered and we meet our regulatory requirements including GDPR.
- Ensure Risk Events are reported, investigated and reported in accordance with the Risk Event & Escalation process.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of working within a similar Marketing / Data operations position.
- Experience of dealing with and manipulating large files of data.
- Able to work from requirements to deliver accurate and timely marketing campaign data files.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting data.
- Knowledge of propensity models and how these work and can be utilised in marketing and communications. (nice to have)
- Experience of industry suppressions (such as Mortascreen, MPS, TPS).
- Good user of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access.
- Comfortable using SQL.
- Background in production using multiple programs to achieve a task and moving data between them efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills - communicates effectively in all directions, is approachable and shares knowledge and experience.
- Self-organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Passion for data.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of Tableau (desirable)
This position would suit either an experienced Marketing Data Operations Consultant looking for their next challenge or a recent graduate / junior marketing data specialist looking to kick start or progress their career within marketing and data.
Royal London is an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join Royal London, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"