Marketing & Communications Officer
Our careers are as varied as the places we care for and that’s why we look for people from all backgrounds, with a variety of skills and abilities to help us maintain our places 'forever for everyone’. As our Marketing & Communications Officer, you will be responsible for marketing these special places imaginatively and effectively.
What it's like to work here
Sudbury Hall, the country home of the Lords Vernon, offers a delight of 17th-century craftsmanship, featuring exquisite plasterwork, wood carvings and classical story-based murals.
The Museum of Childhood is a delight for all ages with something for everyone. Children can discover something new, or relive nostalgic memories by exploring the childhoods of times gone by, make stories, play with toys and share your childhood with others.
What you'll be doing
Day to day, you’ll manage and help develop our annual marketing plan to help achieve our ambitious targets, helping us to reach out to new audiences. This will include defining advertising activities and creating promotional materials and updates (across all media platforms, including social media), writing and distributing press releases and representing us on location filming and broadcast media when you need to.
We're looking for someone who can help us reach larger and more diverse audiences for our places and our digital content. You'll work as part of a team to make sure that we're sharing the best stories we can. Spreading the word about places to visit in the great outdoors, and raising awareness of our conservation work is key to what we're about.
Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully, you will need to have;
- A good understanding of marketing techniques, including websites as well as digital and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent digital and social media skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced IT Skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Problem solving skills, and ability to work on own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"