Nostell is a thriving visitor attraction set in beautiful parkland in the heart of West Yorkshire. An opportunity has arisen to join the team and lead the promotion of the full offer including a range of events and activities across the property.
If you have experience in marketing, excellent planning skills and are well organized then this role could be for you.
We are aiming for the successful candidate to start on Monday 9 April 2018
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is unlikely to be more than 12 months
What it's like to work here
This 18th century Palladian house is set within 300-acres of parkland. The ambitious team are focused on making Nostell Priory one of Yorkshire’s most high profile visitor attractions and are looking for creative hard-working people who will bring ideas and energy to the property. The property is situated a short distance from bustling Wakefield, meaning the property offers a rare opportunity to work in the country, but live in the city.
What you'll be doing
As the Marketing & Communications Officer you will provide an efficient, flexible and effective marketing service at Nostell Priory to ensure its effective promotion and enable it to reach target audiences. You will support the Senior Marketing and Communications Officer to promote our stories and key messages as well as helping the different departments with their digital media requirements and develop the use of social media within the property.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a creative and engaging person who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flexible customer-focused approach
- Is a good team player
- Has the ability to problem solve and be able to work on own initiative
- Is well organised and attentive to detail
- Has an awareness and understanding of the core purpose and work of the National Trust
- Has advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking