At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 650 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit a:
Marketing Communications Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Marketing Communications team at The Grove, Northampton (moving to Raunds in 2019) for a Marketing Communications Manager responsible for national advertising, sponsorship and digital PR.
- Driving forward the external national advertising, working alongside our creative agency and content team to ensure that we have inspirational creative for use across our advertising and PR.
- Liaising with our media and PR agencies to develop relationships and maximise opportunities for our brand.
- Lead and manage the roll out of advertising communications in line with the communications plan and department budget, ensuring that campaigns are delivered on time and to budget.
- Develop and manage the external advertising, sponsorship and PR plan in line with current trends, themes and features to generate brand awareness.
- Support our customer insight team with research to identify, propose recommendations and implement improvements to ensure the development of communications are ahead of competitors and designed in line with the changing need of our depots, our customer or consumer.
- Working together with our analytics and insight teams to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and to help develop insight led creative that delivers results and ultimately sales into our depots.
- Provide regular monthly reports to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager and as required ensuring that we are monitoring the ROI of all PR, advertising and sponsorship activity.
- Working together with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to develop the advertising and PR strategy and review new tactical ad hoc opportunities before presenting them, where appropriate, to the wider business and senior stakeholders.
- Investigate and identify areas for future development in advertising, create proposals and implement recommendations thereafter managing the communication of new advertising to the business.
- Responsibility for supporting branding and sponsorship opportunities at a number of national events throughout the year and supporting the broader events team with advertising requirements as needed.
- Provide support as needed to manage and promote our relationship with our charitable partner(s) and where necessary manage communications associated with them.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers, brand partners and internal stakeholders.
To successfully deliver this role the ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in marketing communications including a strong background in advertising and PR. You will need to be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Project Management and time management skills are a pre requisite to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. A confident communicator and presenter are vital along with excellent organisational and planning skills. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential and attention to detail is a vital.
Skills & experience
- Graduate standard or equivalent vocational qualifications
- Minimum 3 years previous experience working in a marketing environment
- Ability to prioritise daily workload
- Excellent organisational skills and enjoy multi-tasking with a ‘hands-on’ and flexible attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative, while also being a team player
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Highly competitive salary plus bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (excluding Bank holidays)
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Subsidised gym membership