- Great opportunity for an experienced marketing executive looking to take their next step in a fast-growing, fast-paced ecommerce business.
- Key position within the Marketing Department - a vital role in delivering the marcomms strategy for Lyco, a leading provider of lighting solutions to the B2B and B2C markets.
- Working across many marketing disciplines, this role concentrates on the implementation and delivery of cross-channel marketing plans.
In a nutshell, what are you like?
A skilled and experienced marcomms executive who is ready for the next step in their career, you are driven and positive, happy to be autonomous and used to working in a decisive and effective way. Comfortable with the absence of the structures and processes common to larger organisations, you are challenged and excited by the opportunity to develop best practice and the necessary frameworks to allow for the development and delivery of customer-focused marketing communications across multiple channels. Enthusiastic, passionate and always keen to understand, you set high standards and work towards achieving our goals in a pragmatic and informed way. Keen to share knowledge and best practice, you operate in an honest, open, and caring manner.
What are your key responsibilities?
You will be responsible for all marketing communications to www.lighting-direct.co.uk and www.lyco.co.uk prospects and customers via email marketing, direct mail (including catalogues) and other relevant activities. This will be achieved through the effective delivery of a cross-channel marketing plan for Lyco and LD in close conjunction with colleagues who look after our PPC, trading and merchandising activities and the agency who looks after our SEO/social media/PR communications.
Specifically, you will develop relevant and engaging content themes and customer messages for LD and Lyco and then plan, create, brief, and launch marketing campaigns across all channels - online and offline - to target customer segments. You will produce between 4-6 catalogues per year.
You will be required to liaise with various agencies:
- print and fulfilment agencies to produce high quality, effective direct mail pieces
- video/photography agencies to produce improved photography and videography to support our cross-channel marketing activities
- email send platforms to ensure we are optimising our email campaigns across all metrics
- customer data agencies to develop our understanding of customers, produce effective mailing lists, plus develop 'closed loop' analyses to understand how our marketing activity is performing.
- SEO/social media/PR agency to create AYR campaigns that grow visitor numbers, increase engagement and drive revenue
Specific responsibilities will include:
Campaigns: working closely with the Head of Brand & Marketing to ensure that all existing customer segments are understood and have strategies in place for effective marketing campaigns. These must have specific performance targets and objectives tailored to meet or exceed the business and commercial expectations of that target segment. Also,
- to deliver catalogues and other printed material for both brands
- to work with the Design & Content Marketing Executive and Trading Manager to create and deliver email marketing campaigns
- to work with in-house design and buying teams to ensure we achieve eye-catching and emotionally engaging photography
- to brief agencies to create engaging and relevant social media and PR campaigns.
KPIs and Analysis: to measure the effectiveness of these campaigns across all customer segments and achieve increases across these campaigns against the agreed key performance indicators
What will a typical day look like?
- Delivering the marketing plan through effective co-ordination and project management skills, as well as creative marketing skills. A significant portion of your role will be managing the process to ensure all agencies / colleagues are fully briefed and supported in producing the relevant materials.
- Creating content (e.g. web copy, email copy etc) - either directly or indirectly - and managing other content producers around the business to ensure consistency.
- Tracking and analysing activity in order to provide recommendations for improvement at marketing or trading level.
Ideal experience needed…
- 5 years’ experience in a direct marketing communications role in a B2C or B2B environment - across all channels - offline and online
- personal experience of achieving better-than-expected results (rankings/traffic/conversions) across several campaigns - including catalogues
- passion and excellence in creating written content and sourcing / procuring stunning product photography
- experience of devising and implementing strategic marcomms plans to support business objectives and implementing those plans with team and agency support
- experience of devising and implementing effective CRM programmes
- an excellent understanding of how Google and other search engines rank pages; solid understanding of Google Analytics
- an understanding of social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
- experience of managing various agencies simultaneously
- proven ability to interpret large amounts of information, news, data, and research quickly - and distil the most important/relevant information for intelligent strategic development
- strong time management and planning skills, with a high degree of proactivity and organisation
- high numeracy and literacy, with the ability to produce top quality written reports
What’s the package?
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a forward-thinking company with a clear development and growth path. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and attractive bonus scheme, as well as benefits such as free onsite parking and an employee discount across all products. Hours are 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, based in Milton Keynes.