The Watford Business Improvement District [Watford Bid] marketing manager is responsible for positively promoting Watford BID and the activities it undertakes to enhance Watford town centre; and for boosting the profile of Watford as a great place to work, to do business, to shop and to visit
• Effective and successful delivery of the marketing and communications strategy demonstrating value for money and transparent delivery of objectives.
• To work with a range of partners (locally, regionally and nationally) to ensure the successful management and delivery of the marketing and communications plan and contribution to the delivery of the objectives outlined in the Watford BID Business Plan.
• Improving the profile of Watford town as a primary, regional town centre.
• To put in place the relevant communication and marketing activities and events to ensure a successful BID renewal.
• Responsible for leading and managing on the delivery of Priority theme 2 as set out in the BID Business Plan (Marketing, Communications and Events)
• Responsible for the development, management and delivery of a 5 year communications and marketing strategy for Watford town centre, which will also include branding.
• The management and development of campaigns, events and activities which meet BID objectives.
• Work with other BID team members to support project development, marketing and communications across the three theme areas.
• Work with key stakeholders and partners to ensure a synergy of communications & branding across the town.
• Production of an annual communications and marketing plan with KPIs to be approved by the CEO and the Board.
• Commissioning and management of a wide range of communications and marketing materials, including campaigns, publications, exhibitions, events, publications, displays, newsletters, presentations as required.
• Developing and maintaining all BID digital platforms, including websites and social media. Manage content development.
• Explore new initiatives and ways of working with stakeholders and partners which demonstrate innovation and increasing awareness of technology and its use in the town centre.
• Development and implementation of targeted marketing campaigns to attract and retain visitors, footfall and spend in the town.
• Work effectively with a range of stakeholders to deliver a wide range of campaigns while demonstrating value for money and including generating additional income to support BID and cross stakeholder initiatives.
• Lead and develop strong relationships with the media and partner organisations.
• Management of relevant budgets and staff.
Key Performance Indicators:
• The performance of the Marketing & Communications Manager will be assessed against the delivery of the Watford BID Business Plan and the key objectives of the BID as defined by the Watford BID Board.
• Members of the Watford BID Board
• BID levy payers, including head office marketing contacts
• Town centre and Watford business community
• Watford Borough Council and other key stakeholders such as the Police, Herts County Council and LEP
• British BIDs, ATCM and other relevant professional agencies and organisations
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Relevant professional communication or marketing qualification (desirable)
• Knowledge of different communication and marketing techniques and mediums.
• Understanding of working with complex partnerships
• Knowledge of working at Board level and of managing Board arrangements
• Skilled marketing and communication professional.
• IT skills
• Excellent people and relationship-building skills
• Excellent communication skills across a range of disciplines
• Ability to multi task and manage a number of activities and projects, and deliver to tight timescales
• Able and comfortable decision maker
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of team
• Political awareness
• Open to new ideas
• Creative and innovative thinker.
• Effective under pressure
- Marketing Materials
- Marketing Plan
- Social Media