A client of Greycoat Lumleys are seeking a Marketing, Communications and Events Manager with previous working experience within the Jewish community to manage thier Synagogue.
The purpose of your role is to:
Manage all Shul events and activities from festivals to speaking events and anything in between
Drive the communication strategy with members and be to responsible for all external communications (including PR, website and social media)
Develop good working relationships with our rabbinic team and work closely with our team of Honorary Officers
Support all volunteer groups and committees and be responsible for building our volunteer base
- You are ultimately responsible for the management of all the office and facilities staff, through the line management of the Facilities and Finance Executive, Community Liaison Executive and Admin Executive, Rabbinic Executive Assistant, Community Cares Manager and Head Caretaker.
- Ensure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed for all events.
- Support long-established and newly-formed volunteer committees that require support from the office.
- Volunteer liaison - grow and actively recruit the number of volunteers and programme leaders supporting the Shul and our events
- Regular liaison with the Synagogue on all relevant matters, including legal, staffing and premises.
Essential Skills and exerience required
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in either events management or marketing Experience of developing and managing external partnerships in the delivery of projects
- Demonstrable experience of running events from conception to competition Appreciation of the nature of accountability
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with the ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to find imaginative and practical solutions and make wellconsidered decisions
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Committed to the values, aims and objectives of the Synagogue
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week: Mondays to Thursday, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Friday 9.00 am - 12.30 pm and every 3rd Sunday Flexibility will be required to facilitate community events and meetings.
SALARY: £40,000 per annum
REPORTS TO: Chair of Synagogue
BENEFITS: 28 days holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays Major Jewish festivals, when they fall on a normal working day and the office would be closed Childcare Vouchers Auto-Enrolled Pension
Please apply with your CV today if you think your right for the role.
Consultant: Darren Lewis
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job