Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 3AS
Salary: £16,500 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time 37.5hr per week
Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation for the County and we are the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire. Operating to not-for-profit principles, Experience Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national and international level to grow the visitor economy in Oxfordshire.
The visitor economy is vitally important to Oxfordshire. In 2016, the county welcomed 27.6 million visitors who spent £2.04 billion, sustaining a healthy visitor economy which supports 10% of jobs in Oxfordshire.
Marketing assistant - The Role:
This broad ranging role is ideal for a person aspiring to develop their experience in the travel and tourism sector. We are looking for an ambitious person, willing to join a small team with big plans; someone who is keen to share ideas and help grow the business.
The role will assist the Head of Marketing and Development with the following key areas:
- Assisting with Experience Oxfordshire’s PR activity.
- Assist with the planning of press and travel trade visits to Oxfordshire by liaising with our Partners
- Respond to media requests for images and copy
- Maintain an up-to-date press contacts database
- Monitor and track Experience Oxfordshire's press coverage and its Partners
- Keep abreast of developments in the visitor economy, travel trade and MICE sector
- Respond efficiently and professionally to Experience Oxfordshire Conferencing enquiries from companies looking to organise meetings, conference and events in Oxfordshire.
- Support the delivery of Experience Oxfordshire’s presence at Travel Trade events nationally and internationally. And be an integral part of the planning and delivery of Experience Oxfordshire’s Partner events including networking and seminars at locations across the County.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Executive with the management of Experience Oxfordshire’s websites and social media channels.
- Support the production of printed literature including the selling of advertising space, quoting for design, print and distribution services, and copywriting and proof reading.
- Be results focused, and ensure revenue targets are achieved or exceeded.
- To ensure overall brand guidelines and standards are adhered to in all marketing collateral and throughout the organisation.
- Build good relationships with Experience Oxfordshire partners and stakeholders.
- To undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
- To carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
Marketing assistant - Candidate Specification:
- A positive attitude; someone who is keen to learn and suggest ideas.
- Prepared to take on a broad range of tasks.
- An ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and ability to prioritise.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experienced team player.
- Educated to GCSE/GNVQ level or equivalent by experience.
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in marketing.
- Experience of using social media channels as part of the marketing mix.
- Knowledge of using content management systems for updating websites.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Experience of strategic working with partners/ stakeholders - Essential
- At least one year of marketing experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in the travel and tourism sector - Desirable
- Experience in collating Return on Investment (ROI) reports and tracking campaign performance - Desirable
- Experience of generating advertising income - Desirable
To apply for the role, please click on APPLY and submit your up to date CV for consideration including a cover letter stating why you believe you are suitable for the role.
No agencies please.
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job