We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group - co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with the flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience in a highly exciting and fun industry. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world-class, recognisable brands.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which will focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer - Time to impress!
What’s your role?
As a part of the wider marketing team, you will work directly with one of the key brand teams. You will assist the senior brand manager in strategic development and will help drive the progression of integrated and innovative programmes; this may include above the line, digital and below the line activation.
As well as acting as a support function to a brand team, you will also contribute to the insights division of the marketing team working on both ad hoc and continuous research projects.
- To assist the Havana Club brand marketing team with brand management activities.
- To assist and support the Business and Consumer Insights team in providing relevant, timely and actionable insights to the business.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Assist with day-to-day brand management activities for Havana Club such as; generating and collating brand assets, assisting the commercial teams with brand requests and sending out product/brand information to key external stakeholders.
- Management of social media channels; day-to-day running of platforms and budget reconciliation.
- Helping to manage brand events, both consumer and customer facing.
- Managing the brands email campaigns (eCRM).
- Managing monthly content of our brand website.
- Assisting the customer marketing teams to help drive cross channel activations across the year.
- Compile monthly innovation tracker; monitoring of key competitor activity.
- As required to fulfil ad hoc requests, retrieve Nielsen and CGA data from the relevant databases using the Answers software.
What’s in it for you?
All marketing projects have to be rooted in a real understanding of consumers and their behaviour. This role will enable you to understand key consumer dynamics in this fast moving industry, and contribute to furthering our knowledge in this important area. You will also get a hands-on understanding of the brand management role, working on one of the sexiest brands in the Spirits category. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return, we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree.
- Be studying a Business Management undergraduate degree, ideally incorporating analytical and statistical modules.
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above.
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent).
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement.
- Be available to work for 12 months.
Placements will commence in June 2018 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £16,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
If you think you have what it takes to kick start your bright future with Pernod Ricard UK, please visit our careers page and submit your CV and contact details.
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit our website.
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.