Xaar is a world leader in the development of inkjet technology and manufacturer of piezoelectric drop-on-demand industrial inkjet printheads.
The opportunities for growth are significant; industry forecasts project the digital print market to double over the next ten years and our challenge is to expand our existing technology into new markets and to develop new technology to maximise that opportunity.
Our headquarters are located at the Cambridge Science Park, the hub of R&D and technology within the UK and Europe. The Cambridge area isn’t called Silicon Fen for nothing, with the highest number of tech and bio-tech companies outside of Silicon Valley.
Xaar has defined 3 values which are vital to our business. They are intended to guide difficult decisions and shape behaviour. They are applicable to all of us in what we do and as such we are looking for candidates who share our values:
- Trust - We trust each other to deliver on our commitment and do our best for Xaar.
- Collaboration - We all work together, and with our partners, to achieve success.
- Drive - We are excited about our potential and put energy into everything we do.
About the role
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will support New Product Introductions and existing product marketing and sales efforts (pre and post product launch) through the development, management and roll-out of all sales tools, collateral, sales training materials, webinars and targeted sales campaigns, consistent with Xaar’s Sales & Marketing Strategy and sales process methodology, and according to the Commercial Quality Plan.
As Marketing and Communications Specialist you will:
- Have Industrial B2B experience.
- Be able to demonstrate strong scheduling or programme management or B2B event organisational skills and experience.
- Be an excellent copy writer with excellent proof reading, written and spoken English skills.
- Have campaign management experience.
- Work closely with product managers on specific printheads and other related products and specific target market segments to build up Xaar’s profile in those segments.
- Work closely with product managers and sales managers to refine positioning and messaging (outlined in Go To Market plans) into strong and compelling value propositions which ensure Xaar’s products stand out from competitor products.
- Manage the delivery of some of Xaar’s marketing events, including those for the allocated segments. Additional responsibilities may include other marcomms activities as required to support Marketing Services Team deliverables.
- Use a commercial and technical understanding of Xaar’s products, markets and applications to develop all sales tools, collaterals and sales training materials which meet the needs of Xaar and its customers and end user markets.
- Work with product managers and sales managers to refine positioning and messaging from Go To Market plans into strong and compelling value propositions that help Xaar stand out from its competitors in key markets.
- Work closely with product managers to develop a range of sales tools and collateral to sell and market Xaar products using these value propositions and which are tailored (message and design) to Xaar’s key geographic regions and consistent across all products, summarised in the Xaar Collateral & Technical Documents Index.
- Work closely with product managers to develop targeted sales campaigns and tactical marketing plans for their specific printheads and target market segments.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to execute campaigns and marketing plans using the full range of Xaar’s digital marketing platform and channels.
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure they are fully equipped to sell Xaar’s products and monitor usage and success of sales tools.
- Organise Xaar participation in agreed trade shows/conferences/trade association events and manage external suppliers to deliver objectives and goals.
- Maintain a calendar of events that might be of interest for future Xaar participation.
- Collaborate with EPS and Xaar Asia for the organisation of their local events.
- Responsible for regular e-newsletter updates to partners.
- Excellent communicator.
- Strong orientation to selling and good understanding of customer/ end user pain points and requirements.
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible value propositions for Xaar, its OEMs and end user markets.
- Excellent copy writer and editor with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information to multiple audiences.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent proof reading skills.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
- Team worker.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines, and comfortable managing a varied and heavy workload.
- Can adapt to changing priorities.
- Process driven and structured approach to work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CIM Professional or Post Graduate Diploma is essential.
- Industrial B2B experience.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experienced in copy writing.
- Experienced in international B2B marketing, with proven experience of organising participation on B2B events.
- Some knowledge of some of Xaar’s target market segments preferred.
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Campaigns
- Proof Reading