About the company
The Institute of Water was founded in 1945 and is the only professional body to exclusively cater for the UK Water sector. With over 2,000 members we provide a platform for water sector professionals to develop their careers through a series of initiatives including regional and national events, industry leading content and news, professional accreditations and recognition.
The Institute is looking for a Marketing and Communication Manager to take ownership of all internal and external marketing and communications activities. This role includes traditional growth objectives but also entails the delivery of some of the Institute of Water’s key initiatives.
About the role
Working in conjunction with stakeholders, partners and suppliers, the post holder will:
- Plan and deliver the Institute of Water 2 Day Annual Conference and Exhibition, Annual President’s Dinner and Awards and a number of other events across the year, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget
- Oversee the implementation of a brand new website and database/CRM system
- Grow the Institute of Water’s database of prospective members
- Utilise database/CRM system to manage and create proactive and bespoke marketing and communications activities in line with the Institute of Water’s growth strategy to increase brand and service awareness and attract new members
- Oversee all internal and external marketing and communication activities related to the Institute of Water’s existing initiatives and activities
- Take ownership of the Institute of Water’s publications including quarterly Magazine and twice yearly Journal, sourcing content and liaising with publishers and designers accordingly whilst ensuring content remains of high quality and relevant to the Institute of Water and wider water sector
- Take ownership of the Institute of Water Rising Stars programme including all internal/external marketing and communication and programme events
- Ensuring all marketing collateral is on brand, current and consistent
- Continually search for and assess additional streams of revenue for the Institute of Water, taking into account risk vs reward for the business
About the person
We’re looking for someone with a solid background in marketing and communications who is able to act as 'marketing expert’. You will be a first class communicator and your ability to self-motivate and act on your own initiative is imperative. You will be comfortable taking the lead on projects but you must also be a team player and support other areas of the business when necessary. A knowledge of events and CRM would be advantageous.
What’s on offer?
£25k-£30k depending on experience. 25 days holiday. Up to 8% pension contributions after probation period. Free parking.
Informal first interviews to take place on 28 March with second stage taking place w/c 6 April.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job