In this role, you will be responsible for generating insights about our business customers using a variety of data sources. One of your objectives will be to create a flexible report for managers through analysis of customer and market data, and the coordination of insights from other sources.
You’ll get support from an Insight colleague to design the report, but the rest will be down to you, from capturing needs from stakeholders, planning the analysis, through to interpreting data and translating it into valuable insights that are relevant to your target audience.
You’ll also need to present your findings in an engaging and imaginative way, to a range of commercial audiences. Communication skills are an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable presenting your insights to small groups.
Your core role will be to interpret and analyse data using a variety of data sources and translate it into relevant valuable insights about our business customers. You’ll also need to understand and convey customer needs and behaviours through the identification of those insights.
If you’re able to see the bigger picture and make clear recommendations, you’ll fit well into this entry role in this team. You’ll be supported by our Insight Analysts to provide analysis for senior stakeholders and give the headlines about what is going on in the sector. Perform well and could you find yourself developing into an Insight Analyst with more autonomy and more influence.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable numerate and analytical capabilities with ability to interrogate & connect multiple data sources.
- Proven ability and experience in creating detailed analysis and using the outputs to produce actionable insights.
- Enthusiasm, awareness and interest in customer attitudes, needs & behaviours.
- The ability to assimilate disparate information to identify trends, opportunities & onward implications & form a coherent narrative from the results of complex analysis and research.
- Good time management with the ability to work effectively within agreed timelines.
- Competent user of MS Office; particularly MS Excel (including Pivot Tables) and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of customer segmentations and predictive modelling.
It would be great if you had
- Experience of developing predictive models and building customer segmentation analyses.
- SQL or SAS skills.
- Knowledge of Tableau, QLIK or other similar business intelligence/data visualisation tools.
- Excellent organisational skills in approach to and execution of projects.
- Experience of presenting analysis to a variety of stakeholders, with the ability to adapt styles to suit the audience and purpose.
- Inquisitive; with a tenacious approach to problem solving, and good critical thinking skills to identify the right conclusions & recommendations from a piece of analysis.
- Willingness to travel to Nottingham sites as appropriate.
What we’ll give you in return
- 2 for 1 pension contributions
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Voluntary benefits – discount and cashback
- Group Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Financial advice and guidance website
This role is based in Coventry.
This is a permanent position.
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
For more information on reasonable adjustments click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Power Plants Belgium bvba, a subsidiary of E.ON Energy Projects GmbH, is responsible for the sector industrial co-generation for industrial clients in Belgium. The core business encompasses the development, realization and operation of cogeneration plants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job