Account managers must have a strong background within a broad range of marketing disciplines and also understand the trade-offs that need to be made when planning a marketing budget.
* Account managers must be able to communicate rational behind recommendations for marketing strategies and tactics.
* Strong background in at least one marketing discipline (e.g. PR, advertising, direct marketing, etc)
* Well organised and able to manage multiple projects, including presenting succinct reports of project status on a regular and ad-hoc basis. Account managers must be able to estimate time for most jobs and ensure that jobs are delivered on budget (in terms of cost and time).
* A very effective communicator, particularly on the telephone, able to persuade clients and explain opinions and facts. Account managers are also required to be able to sell services and projects to current and potential clients
* Ability to build strong long-term relationships with clients
* Good numeric skills, with the ability to budget and manage invoicing in multiple currencies
* Good Excel skills, with experience in accurately analysing data and presenting results
* Proven ability to meet deadlines
* Account managers must always work within the company's systems and procedures and uphold strong PC skills
* Experience of a broad range of marketing disciplines
* Ability to write good technical or compelling marketing prose
* Technical knowledge or interest in computing or electronics
* Proven ability to be successful in a marketing role
* Specific knowledge or understanding of the publishing industry or PR
* Understanding of a technology-driven industry
* Track record of managing difficult customers
* Experience of managing and developing major accounts
Please note: This position is based in Chichester, West Sussex please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location, and have the required skills.
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact initial successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job