Our client, an International Bank based in the City are looking to hire a Market Risk Analyst, to assist the Market & Operational Risk Manager in the identification, monitoring and escalation of Market Risk at the bank. Main responsibilities will include;
- Actively monitor markets to assess potential impact of changes on the Company's clients trading exposures
- Follow the trading day cycle and tasks with the emphasis on intraday risk monitoring and risk mitigation
- Monitor limits for clients in accordance with the risks policies agreed by the Board Risk Committee
- Report on breaches of risk management policies
- Produce daily market risk reporting including risk dashboard for senior management
- To assist the Manager of Market & Operational Risk in the identification, collection and analysis of risk information
- Participate in the development of systems to assist in the evaluation and analysis of risk information
- Be aware of and ensure compliance at all times with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining and updating in conjunction with the Market & Operational Risk Manager and the Chief Risk Officer the department's internal Procedures and Policies.
- To work closely with the Operational Risk Analyst in enhancing and implementing new MI reports for Operational, Market & Liquidity Risk. Enhancement and automation of risk reports and tools with Excel functions and VBA.
- Production of weekly packaged report detailing liquidity position, latest Call Account exposures and rates together with Interest Rate Gap and Sensitivity Reports including commentary for benefit of Asset and Liability Committee
- Providing on a weekly basis Market Risk Schedules to the Asset and Liability Committee detailing graphically the progress of key foreign exchange and interest rates including comments
- Delivering management information efficiently and in a timely manner
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- At least 3 years' experience in Market Risk
- Degree in numerical/financial discipline
- Sound understanding of derivative and foreign exchange trading
- Driven, ambitious, self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver a reasoned investigation and analysis.
- Attention to detail - to pick up on errors and produce accurate work and grasp of the reasons for a strong control environment and operates with this mentality
- Knowledge of Basel II, Basel III, Risk and Capital requirement
- Knowledge of Regulatory practices within Risk and Finance in financial services
- Positive and approachable to all levels of employees
- Understanding of VaR and other measures of market exposures and accounting knowledge
Software Knowledge required:
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office package MS Excel Advanced (Essential) VBA (Desired).
- Experience with Bloomberg an advantage, Temenos (T24), Eurobase-Siena
Specific Product knowledge required:
- Essential: Interest Rate Futures, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Swaps, Bonds and NDFs,
- Desired: Wholesale Money Market and Trade Finance Products
- Desired: Awareness of Liquidity regulatory requirements