Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the implementation of Risk Control and Reporting in a fast moving global cross commodity trading business. The role is in the Market Risk Reporting & Control Team (MRC) who are responsible for identifying, measuring and reporting of all market risks arising from GM&T commercial activity. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the team’s activities: Daily MVaR/Greeks/Exposures reporting and monitoring; improving risk data management processes and systems; developing risk analysis tools and reports and supporting the Global Heads of Risk and Risk Committees.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting & Control
- Calculate daily physical & financial exposures and metrics like VaR, Earning-at-Risk, Economic Capital requirement;
- Control those exposure and metric positions against the limits and escalate any breach or incident event to the relevant senior management committee according to policy;
- Explain/explore any risk profile change across the global portfolio responsible for noticeable VaR moves or unexpected accumulative losses;
- Create and prepare periodic and ad-hoc Market Risk reports for senior management committees (Risk Supervisory Board, BoD etc.);
- Conduct any ad-hoc/one-off portfolio analysis upon FO or any other Support Function request with regard to the risk impact of a new commercial transactions/hedging strategy;
- Develop, implement and maintain the market risk control framework within GM&T.
- Contribute to the Operational Readiness process for the trading of a new product and/or the execution of a new bespoke complex structured transaction.
- Design, specify and UAT any functionality delivered through systems development and enhancement.
- Regularly review the existing Reporting & Control system in the light of the ever-changing nature of the portfolio and external market conditions.
Skills & Competencies
The successful applicant will also demonstrate the ability to:
- Conduct high-calibre deliveries in a timely manner in a fast-growing working environment; This entails in particular to foster feasible albeit robust solution to problems within the imparted timeline;
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations. This entails in particular to develop and maintain trust and close partnership with Front Office and other Support Functions;
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a simple and immediately understandable way tailored to the audience;
- Very Good analytical skills to review/assess a standalone complex structured transaction and/or a large trading portfolio;
- Be a high-calibre performer with a proven track record of significant deliveries through innovative thinking;
- Have over 2 years’ experience in a Risk Management environment dealing with reporting, control and systems development;
- Good knowledge of Market Risk management practise. This entails in particular in-depth knowledge of Value-at-Risk calculation techniques. Further experience of Option trading risk or Operational risk would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the energy commodity market across all physical asset classes ideally with a pole of expertise in one or more asset in this list; Natural Gas, LNG, Oil or Power;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Experience in VBA/SQL or any other programming language is a distinct advantage;
- Degree level qualification or above preferably in a subject with strong quantitative/mathematical components.
- Market Risk