Market Research Analyst
Location: Ealing, London
Salary: £24,000-£26,000 depending on previous experience
Our client is a specialist market research consultancy dedicated to serving the market information needs of the global building products and chemicals industries from its offices in London, New Jersey, Beijing and New Delhi. Their clients are major manufacturers and distributors, private equity, as well as technical service providers.
Their offering includes both multi-client services developed around an online database for market monitoring and forecasting, and bespoke consultancy services. Our client is the market leader in its field.
They are looking for an intelligent, passionate, investigative and friendly new colleague. They offer a sociable environment with good career opportunities and regular team activities. For more information about us and our offering, please visit their website.
They have an immediate vacancy for a Market Analyst at their London office (Ealing) to work on a variety of projects relating to the building products and chemical industries.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand their qualitative and quantitative research skills, gain international client-facing experience and develop an understanding of global market dynamics in the sectors they cover.
As part of their research, they cover a number of dynamic building product markets worldwide, including heating and renewables, air-conditioning/ventilation, smart controls, bathroom and kitchen products. Their chemicals divisions cover the paints & coatings, flavours & fragrances, thermal insulation and polyurethanes sectors..
Duties of the Market Research Analyst include:
- Primary research through high-level interviews with industry experts (both telephone and personal).
- Secondary intelligence gathering including the collection and analysis of supporting statistics (e.g. macro-economic indicators, construction statistics etc.).
- Analysing data to a high level of accuracy and formulating concise written reports.
- Write market reports which are concise, relevant, insightful and non-repetitive with a high level of English.
- Updating our existing database of market data and company profile information.
- Maintaining and expanding our network of contacts in the building products industry.
- Presenting and eventually selling BRG’s offering to existing and new clients.
Requirements of the Market Research Analyst:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in a business related or technical field.
- One or two years’ experience of working in a business related environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, including fluency in English plus at least one other language from; French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese or Arabic.
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in economic developments and market dynamics.
- A fearless attitude towards research interviews is essential.
- Strong numerical skills and proven proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding analytical skills and report writing abilities.
- An ability to assimilate new subjects quickly and a certain affinity to technical products rather than FMCG.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and the capacity to work both independently and within a team.
- Willingness to travel and a full valid driving licence.
Our client need to see from your application that you are interested in exactly this position, so please make sure that your CV/cover letter shows that. Please note that this is not a financial analyst position. You do not need to have done anything in the building technologies field before, but if they do need to feel that you can develop genuine interest in the area.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, and your skills satisfy the above listed criteria for the Market Research Analyst role then please apply now!
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job