Our client provides high value consultancy, engineering, management and construction expertise across various industry sectors, made possible by professionally trained employees.
Through values of professionalism, integrity, trust and team spirit and the quality of a skilled workforce, the company continues to build on its reputation for providing innovative solutions for clients to achieve their objectives without sacrificing our the principles of quality and safety.
About the Role
We are excited to be seeking the right person to take on a new role in the Company - A Business Intelligence Specialist who will proactively and strategically collate market intelligence, to enable more informed strategic decisions.
Market intelligence may be related to planning applications, industry events, planned expansions, funding grants approval, business profiling,competitor intelligence, market understanding and client understanding across the M62 corridor and beyond.
The successful candidate will use their own initiative in order to gather information on various data sets, analysing the information, breaking down the data into subsets and distributing the resulting information to the relevant department, in order to inform choices, increasing the number of strategic bids, as well as the success rate of those bids.
- Support the Proposals, Estimating, Business Development, and Marketing Teams
- Production and analysis of industry statistics
- Production of market insight identifying broader opportunities for the business
- Produce customer segments and lists from existing data sources
- Work closely with the Proposals and Business Development Teams to develop and deliver effective bidding strategy
- Assist in the generation of insight into client types, behaviour and opportunities across different sectors
- Assist with Market research undertaken using both in-house and external resources
- Develop, use and manage internal and external tools to proactively seek, track and report new bid opportunities
- Help with the production and distribution of different reports to the business, with solid data visualisation
- Undertake data mapping on sales territories, to assist insight
- Use a variety of IT platforms in report production
- Build our level of competitor intelligence
- Develop and implement procedures for capturing market data from teams across the business
- Continually improve our processes
- Any other duties that are conducive with this role
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly numerate
- A flexible approach
- Comfortable working with large datasets
- Rigor, analysis and summary skills
- Strong interest in market intelligence / knowledge management
- Proactivity, drive and self-reliance
- Genuine team-player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, adopting a collaborative style which is open, critical and constructive
- Presentation skills
- A degree in a related topic is desirable: statistics, marketing, mathematics, or similar
- Experience in working with SQL, Qlikview, Power BI or similar, desirable
- Knowledge of market research
- Knowledge of statistics
- Understanding and former knowledge of the Engineering Construction industry
- Business Intelligence
- Construction Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"