Market Intelligence Manager, Oxford
Salary - £70,000 to £75,000 p.a.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday with option for 30 days, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Free Gym, Dental Plan, Share Option, Private Medical, Eye care Vouchers, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Long Service Award, Good Maternity leave & Shared Parental leave scheme, Employee Discounts with Dell/Apple/Vodafone and many others and Occupational Health insurance.
Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an experienced Market Intelligence senior level executive to report into the Head of Customer Insights, in order to provide the organization with a view of the competitor landscape. You will create and develop a framework overseeing global projects, providing an accurate assessment of the market, its size and the company’s share. This is a hands-on role where you will take responsibility for reviewing market information, completing analyses, delivering insights and making recommendations into the business. You will apply your specialist knowledge to accelerate growth, working closely with leaders in the business to ensure that the right decisions are being made for the business based upon the latest market knowledge.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Measure the size of the market - Undertake or commission research as appropriate to estimate the size of various markets, their growth and our share. Leverage, research reports, financial reports, and workforce trends research.
- Build a competitive framework - Develop a world-class competitive intelligence framework that is scalable across the organisation. Ensure that we become a trusted source of market and competitor knowledge. Develop a network of competitive intelligence sources, including online resources, sales, external contacts, and vendor partners.
- Key competitor assessments - Provide deep competitor evaluations, across strategic roadmap: portfolio capabilities go to market efforts, sales, service delivery and financials to understand how the client compares. Identify threats and opportunities. Advise the business on appropriate action.
- Maximise resources - Align stakeholders and facilitate collaboration on key initiatives with competitive and market intelligence contributors, including customer insights, sales, intelligence team, marketing, product management, and Business Unit counterparts.
- Ensure rigour across projects - Ensure that there is a consistent measurement framework across the organisation and there is a high standard of rigour and analysis on projects completed across the organisation. Propose, develop and share best practice with colleagues. Communicate a high set of ethical standards, ensuring that all intelligence is gathered from appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies.
- Communicate for impact - Optimize market and competitive intelligence communication for best-fit delivery (email bulletins, interactive portal, roundtables, written briefs, presentations, etc.). Adapt interactions based on stakeholder needs.
- Provide advice and support to senior colleagues - Work with business partners to understand the key issues. Advise business colleagues when there is an opportunity. Is recognised by senior business partners for possessing business acumen.
- Degree educated
- 5 to 10 years experience in competitive or market intelligence, competitive positioning or market development role
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to understand and use income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements etc.
- Excellent project management skills, able to balance multiple complex projects at once and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to present insights to senior management.
- Comfortable preparing and presenting presentations.
- 8 years + experience working with insights, quantitative research and market research (preferably within an agency environment).
- Good knowledge of statistics (including regression, factor analysis, ANOVA).
- Competitive Analysis
- Competitor Intelligence
- Market Intelligence