Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
The Market Intelligence team provides market analysis, tracking & forecasting, conducts custom research and develops actionable insights for the Epson European Marketing Division and to colleagues in sales companies across the region. The team is in transition from a data and information focus to further incorporate analysis and advice. To continue and enhance this development, we are seeking to recruit a Market Intelligence Manager, reporting to the Director of Strategic Planning who will oversee all market research, reporting and analysis. The successful applicant will be responsible for data creation, management, interrogation and analysis; will develop our market forecasting, and will define and negotiate information purchases from core suppliers and partners.
This role is based at our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead.
- Support Epson Europe's medium to long term business development, by providing market and competitor intelligence, data analysis and interpretation for business planning processes, including, but not limited to, market sizing, trends, forecasting, identification of new markets, tracking of Epson share across all product groups and territories, competitor data. Provide reports to stakeholders across the EMEAR region and to headquarters in Japan
- Maintain and develop KPI's in conjunction with reporting managers
- Manage relationships with market data agencies: gather and prioritize internal requirements, negotiate contracts with partner agencies, manage day-to-day relationship, ensure deliverables are on time and of the highest quality
- Provide structured analysis and reporting based on a variety of data sources to identify patterns and opportunities, report conclusions in a clear, concise and structured way
- Work with marketing and product management teams to provide performance and market indicators for use in presentations, press releases, white papers, events, etc
- Manage the planning and execution of custom research as per business requirements, providing customer insights for all product ranges and providing business units, sales units and head office with analysis and insights to influence future product development
- Manage the identification of key opportunities and threats for all Epson business areas
- As required develop quick ad-hoc or in-depth analysis to support key business decisions
- Maintain and develop internal processes and tools for managing and disseminating data
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of Market Intelligence team:
- Drive, manage, coach, educate and motivate team
- Set (and manage delivery against) personal and team objectives
- Maintain customer-orientated attitude whilst evolving team to analysis and insights focus
Key skills and experience required to perform this role:
- Applications are welcomed from Market Intelligence Managers and Senior Market Intelligence professionals with some management experience
- Highly numerate, analytical and logical, with attention to detail and the ability to systematically break apart complex problems
- A solid understanding of data analysis principles, primary and secondary intelligence, experience of working with stakeholders to understand and develop analysis requirements, and with the knowledge required to devise new ways to better exploit data, identify patterns and trends and present findings in stimulating and actionable ways
- Experience in a data analysis and reporting context, including the development and production of regular and ad hoc reports
- Experience - in house or agency - with qualitative and quantitative research projects at all stages, from formulation and brief to delivery of results
- Proficient user of analysis tools including Excel, as well as hosted and syndicated databases. Experience developing solutions using VBA, SQL or other structured programming languages desirable
- Statistical analysis and tools experience desirable
- Experience from a commercial environment and capable of delivering within tight deadlines
- Demonstrable ability for good business judgement and insight
- Experience managing analysts. Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating contracts and managing relationships to analysts and agencies
- Experience managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills
If you are seeking an opportunity to work for a market leading vendor, helping to drive change in our Market Intelligence team, we would love to hear from you.
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.
- Market Intelligence
- Market Intelligence Manager
- Market Insights Manager