Our Client, a leading independent producer of superior Scottish salmon, has a number of excellent opportunities available for Marine Operatives to join their growing team, based on the Isle of Mull.
The Marine Operatives will work as directed by the Manager in the day to day operation of the marine sites; including, vessels, equipment and shore bases as required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Feeding and movement of feed
- Sea lice identification and reporting
- Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
- Disease and Parasite control
- Site maintenance including net changing etc.
- Mortality removal
- Boat handling
- Stock movements
- Equipment maintenance
The Marine Operatives will ideally have experience of working within the marine industry, although support & training will provided, therefore candidates with an interest in building a career within aquaculture & fish husbandry will also be considered.
The Marine Operatives will:
- Have good Practical skills - able to tie nautical knots, boat handling etc
- Be a strong Team Player, with experience of working within a small team
- Have a good standard of fitness with the ability to pass a full ML5 medical
- Hold an excellent attendance record
- Have the ability to work weekend rotas and flexible hours as workload dictates
- Ideally have experience of working on and around boats, with a Sea Survival Certificate being desirable.
The Marine Operatives will work on a permanent contract with hours set between Monday to Friday (40 per week), with weekend work on a rota basis. The successful Marine Operatives should also be flexible with regards to overtime.
The Marine Operatives will earn a competitive salary of £18,035 + overtime rates.