This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Claims Technician to enter a more complex, technical role, adjusting marine cargo and liability claims for our clients growing portfolio of Lloyds, Company and International clients.
Working within a team of adjusters and other technicians, you will assist in the investigation and settlement of claims for goods that are being shipped all over the world by road, sea & air. You will also investigate, adjust or defend liability claims against carriers of goods worldwide - becoming involved in complex issues of national and international law and commercial practice. Ideally, you will have a sound commercial and/or liability background, however technical and complex domestic claims experience will also be considered for this challenging role.
Good communication skills are essential, as are an eye for detail and an ability to apply knowledge and technical expertise to the new and varied situations that present themselves every day in this complex sector of the insurance-industry.
Most importantly, you will be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes, see the full picture and have the ability to make decisions based on the facts, treating all claims on their individual merits. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement covering a diverse and interesting range of claims.
You will have/will be:
- Solid experience of dealing with commercial claims, with liability experience a distinct advantage
- An eye for important detail and the ability to filter out the unimportant.
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written, listening and acting upon information given
- The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership of your own caseload of claims
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the customers, to promote customer satisfaction during all stages of the claim.
- Understanding and empathy when required
- Be able to priorities your workload on a daily basis
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ideally to have had some non-insurance commercial or industrial experience, particularly logistics or transport-related
- Commercial Claims
- Customer Service
- Claims Handling
- marine claims handling