Role: Private Site Fundraiser
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity, providing front-line nursing and hospice care, a free support line and support and information for those with life limiting illnesses as well as their loved ones. Each year Marie Curie Care for over 40,000 terminally ill people in the UK.
In order to carry out the extraordinary work that they do, Marie Curie relies on financial support from members and donors- that’s where you come in!
We are looking for friendly, confident and charismatic individuals to join Marie Curies in house private site fundraising team. As a private site fundraiser, your role is vital in securing funds for the charity via a regular monthly gift via direct debit.
You can expect to work in range of different prearranged venues such as supermarkets, garden centres, independant stores, shopping centres and markets to name but a few. Here you would engage with members of the public inspiring them to donate to Marie Curie.
If you are looking for a worthwhile role that gives you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of others, then this is for you.
What you can expect
- PT/FT Flexible hours Between 15 and 25 hours per week across 3-5 working days. Offering the work life balance, you are looking for.
- Standard shifts are usually 4 hours plus paid travel time and mileage from home to venue. Monday to Friday
- Guaranteed £9.50-£10.50 per hour (dependent on experience) NOT COMMISSION BASED
- Travel time paid at hourly rate and mileage paid (25p/mile)
- Paid weekly
- Holiday pay
- Full Training and support, fundraising experience is NOT essential
- Charity branded uniform, kit and ID badge supplied
- Fantastic experience working in-house with a leading UK charity
- Gain new, highly transferable skills
Must be DRIVER with use of own vehicle
You must be a car owner and hold a full valid UK driving licence as this role will involve regular travel to different venues throughout your local area.
Previous experience in face-to-face fundraising is desirable, but we are keen to hear from anybody with experience in sales, marketing, PR, hospitality, retail, customer service, performing arts or any graduates looking to launch their charity career.
If you would like to work for an industry leading charity and are excited about travelling to new locations and meeting new people daily, please apply with your CV and we will be in touch.
- All fundraising staff will undergo extensive training to meet social distancing regulations and protect both employees and the general public.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
- Communication Skills
- Fast Paced Environment
- Inspiring People
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'