JOB TITLE: Margins Accountant
LOCATION: Glasgow City Centre
SALARY/RATE AND BENEFITS: £36k - £45k per annum
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Qualified Accountant
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE: Management Accounting Experience
Responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and robust financial results for the Retail segments of the Liberalised Business.
To ensure the provision of accurate, timely and robust analysis of the Retail segments providing information to enable the Retail Margins Manager to make appropriate operational, commercial and strategic decisions - delivering pre-emptive, high quality analysis explaining the key performance drivers and giving reasons for fluctuations in performance.
Make sure that the ledger (for Reported and Actuals) is updated correctly/accurately and ensuring the appropriate level of monitoring/analysis and maintenance of the control environment.
Energy Margins Reporting
* Manage the process of accurate, timely and robust management reporting information for Retail Margins (KPIs, Executive Summary, Detailed Commentaries, other ad hoc outputs as required). Review and challenge ensuring consistency of messaging for Reported results and highlighting areas where development, further review or challenge to the business is required.
* Responsible for the production of Margins input and analysis on the statutory accounts process for all relevant SAP Companies, ensuring that published results are accurate and fully understood, and highlighting any areas for improvement.
* Responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and robust information on Retail margins on a fully integrated International Accounting Standards (IAS) basis to meet specified deadlines. Provide pre-emptive, high quality analysis explaining the key performance drivers and giving reasons for fluctuations in performance and suggesting options for corrective action. As appropriate, prepare analysis and supporting documentation for External Audit in line with the Client Assistance Schedule such that Management Letter points and financial adjustments are minimised.
* Ensure that the structure of the Integrated Margins Accounting System (IMAS) and general ledger (SAP) are reviewed and maintained to reflect any potential changes in reporting, new products/commodities and any other requirements.
New Commodities and Products
* Assessment of new activities and products which could impact on Retailmargins, and ensure that adequate controls, and finance procedures and processes are in place.
* Develop relationships with key staff across the wider Control team and the operational and commercial area within Global Energy Management and Energy Retail such that the business activities are understood and accurately reflected in the accounts.
Ad Hoc Support
* Provide ad hoc support for the Retail Margins Manager as required, e.g. deputising as required, assistance in other Margins teams.
Energy Margins Manager
EW Finance Director
Global Energy Management
UK Retail Senior Management
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Qualified accountant.
* Commercial awareness with an understanding of SPW markets and the relationships across the SPW group.
* Pro-active person who anticipates issues and problems and puts in place effective strategies to manage these.
* Confidence, ability and presence to constructively challenge.
* Excellent oral and written communication and in particular the ability to communicate financial concepts/issues to non-finance managers.
* Computer literacy, including spreadsheet skills and ledger posting.
* Delivery focus and high level of resilience to deal with the changing demands and time-pressures of the role.
* Ability to work as part of a team to ensure that the Control function is fully integrated.
Planning & Organising
* Continuous and consistent demonstration of judgement and professional decision-making
* Develop, maintain and constantly update internal control procedures for all activities within the Retail margin areas.
* Interpret all mandatory regulatory/accounting requirements (from UK and Europe, OFGEM/CMA) that apply to Retail margins, in order to develop and implement procedures, reporting and compliance in accordance with those regulations.
* Ensure IT environment continues to meet financial and regulatory requirements in the most efficient fashion.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise work and deliver accurately under acute time pressures for both themselves and their team
* Self-starter, ability to identify and execute process improvement opportunities.
Internal and External Relationships
Business finance directors
Business management teams
Senior management and staff across SPW and IBE
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Rullion is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.