We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a dynamic Margin Protection Analyst, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
In this role, you will assist in developing, implementing and maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
- Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
- Calculated Margin
- Promotional Sales & Margin
- Analysis of Store Sales & Margin.
- Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
- Ongoing analysis on promotional activity, overall profitability and future areas of improvement
- Analysing store trends, write offs, manual discounts on promotional activity to protect company margin
- Provide recommendation based on analytical data on best and poor performing products
- Provide meaningful reports to the Margin Protection Manager recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing and protecting margin
- Chase and request any outstanding product nominations
- Promoting a margin protection culture within the business
- Conduct investigations as directed by the Margin Protection Manager into identified areas of concern related to promotional margin
- Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
- Assist others in the validation of Company wide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Have clarity about how performance will be measured
- Have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles
- Be able to pro-actively plan your time and priorities
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
- Self starter, motivated and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Numerate - able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Written Skills - Able to demonstrate effective report and letter writing skills
- Self-sufficient PC skills to include - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Experience with relevant marketing software applications
- Have a clean drivers license and own car
Team Working: Visible and happy to help other members of the team - keeps promises. Contributes to team objectives despite heavy personal commitments. Recognises skill gaps and potential for development.
Confidence: Projects confidence - sells ideas well, and is self confident whatever the situation.
Change: Demonstrates commitment to change in the way they personally do things. Identifies barriers and works to remove them.
Clarity of Thinking: Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information. Copes well with complexity. Uses the relevant information to make the correct judgement.
Prioritisation: Knows the right questions to ask, and therefore identifies critical issues. Is able to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously by planning and organising priorities.
Communication: Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
You will be reporting to the Margin Protection Manager
- Commercial Awareness
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'