I am currently recruiting for a global energy company and world leader in wind energy. They provide energy management and supply of gas and electricity in the UK. .
Responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and robust financial results for the Retail segments of the Liberalised Business.
To ensure the provision of accurate, timely and robust analysis of the Retail segments providing information to enable the Retail Margins Manager to make appropriate operational, commercial and strategic decisions - delivering pre-emptive, high quality analysis explaining the key performance drivers and giving reasons for fluctuations in performance.
Make sure that the ledger (for Reported and Actuals) is updated correctly/accurately and ensuring the appropriate level of monitoring/analysis and maintenance of the control environment.
- Manage the process of accurate, timely and robust management reporting information for Retail Margins (KPIs, Executive Summary, Detailed Commentaries, other ad hoc outputs as required). Review and challenge ensuring consistency of messaging for Reported results and highlighting areas where development, further review or challenge to the business is required.
- Responsible for the production of Margins input and analysis on the statutory accounts process for all relevant SAP Companies, ensuring that published results are accurate and fully understood, and highlighting any areas for improvement.
- Responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and robust information on Retail margins on a fully integrated International Accounting Standards (IAS) basis to meet specified deadlines. Provide pre-emptive, high quality analysis explaining the key performance drivers and giving reasons for fluctuations in performance and suggesting options for corrective action. As appropriate, prepare analysis and supporting documentation for External Audit in line with the Client Assistance Schedule such that Management Letter points and financial adjustments are minimised.
- Ensure that the structure of the Integrated Margins Accounting System (IMAS) and general ledger (SAP) are reviewed and maintained to reflect any potential changes in reporting, new products/commodities and any other requirements.
- Assessment of new activities and products which could impact on Retail margins, and ensure that adequate controls, and finance procedures and processes are in place.
- Develop relationships with key staff across the wider Control team and the operational and commercial area within Global Energy Management and Energy Retail such that the business activities are understood and accurately reflected in the accounts.
- Provide ad hoc support for the Retail Margins Manager as required, e.g. deputising as required, assistance in other Margins teams.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of SPW markets and the relationships across the SPW group.
- Pro-active person who anticipates issues and problems and puts in place effective strategies to manage these.
- Confidence, ability and presence to constructively challenge.
- Excellent oral and written communication and in particular the ability to communicate financial concepts/issues to non-finance managers.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet skills and ledger posting.
- Delivery focus and high level of resilience to deal with the changing demands and time-pressures of the role.
- Ability to work as part of a team to ensure that the Control function is fully integrated.
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.