Altro are a leading British Manufacturer and supplier, based in Letchworth. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 10 years!
Our purpose is to transform spaces to enhance people’s emotional and physical wellbeing. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do.
We are recruiting for proactivehardworking individuals to join our Manufacturingteam. We have twoopportunities within Logistics here at our Head Office in Letchworth Garden City.
You will need to be a flexible team player with a customer focus - someone who takes a pride in producing first class product, first time. We operate with Lean manufacturing techniques and will look for individuals who can add value by taking ownership of their role and making improvement suggestions.
Your main responsibilities will include:
To participate in a whole range of manufacturing processes, including:
- Picking and packing the customer orders to deadlines.
- Loading and unloading transport vehicles
- Undertaking stock takes
- Achieving standards set within manufacturing.
- All other relevant and requested activities and functions.
- To maintain housekeeping to excellent standards and complete 5’s audits
- To adhere to Health and Safety practice and procedures and contribute to achieving a safer working environment.
- To demonstrate flexibility within the team at all times in terms of function and working hours.
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment may be an advantage provided you also demonstrate the right attitudes and behaviour.
Manufacturing operates on a 24hr/5 day per week basis and shift work is required. These positions will be working on a double day shift (6am - 2 pm, 2pm - 10pm, Monday to Friday) In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you have the relevant experience and you would describe yourself as a team player, then we would love to hear from you!