Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are currently recruiting for Manufacturing Technicians, on a permanent basis, to join our team based at Inchinnan, Paisley.
• Production of Liquid cell culture, this includes formulation of raw chemicals to produce customer batches.
• Working to targets in order to achieve schedules within Cell Culture Media department.
• Working to targets in order to achieve schedule attainment in a team based environment.
• Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification.
• Trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
• Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks.
• Read and carfeully follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs.
• Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.
• Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving capacity.
• Work within Health and Safety guidelines.
• Take initiative to suggest process improvement and new procedures
• Support Department objectives/metrics/Goals.
• Perform tasks using IT equipment and packaging machinery.
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
• Demonstrate the ability to think critically and have good organizational skills.
•Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Excel.
• Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
• Exhibit a positive attitude.
• Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
• Demonstrate good communication skills.
• Demonstrate a good work ethic.
• Analytical Skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
• Experience of Process improvement/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizens/5S
What we offer:
- Free car parking
- On site gym
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits