Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting a Manufacturing Technician within the Electronics department of an engineering client based in Exeter. The Manufacturing Technician vacancy is the perfect opportunity for a graduate to gain some invaluable experience in industry.
The client is well established and known for the products they design and the level of expertise they offer in their field. They are experiencing a very exciting stage of growth and are looking for extra assistance to support this. This position entails working in the electronics production and test department working on the manufacture, testing/assembly of products. The Manufacturing Technician will report directly to the Electronics Production Team Leader.
• Order components for assemblies and PCB’s, completing the appropriate paperwork for full product traceability.
• Complete assembly records and test records for all products.
• Work with mechanical engineers on projects that include various engineering aspects (assembling, wiring and testing electronic assemblies).
• Ensure electronics documentation is complete and accepted prior to shipping products.
• Production and performance acceptance testing.
• Maintaining Stores, Ordering and dealing with suppliers and keep the workshop safe, tidy and organised.
• A keen and responsible attitude to work is essential and an ability to show initiative in all responsibilities and tasks. • The ability to learn and absorb new information and training.
• The ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and clients and to be flexible in all areas of the business are essential.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
• Soldering proficiency.
• PCB CAD would be highly beneficial (e.g. Altium).
If you are a technical, electronics graduate that is looking to take either the first, or the next step in your career then please get in touch for further information. There is a competitive salary on offer, a good benefits package and the HQ is based in an easily accessible location in Exeter. You will work Monday to Friday (08:00-17:00).
- Electrical Engineering