Westray Recruitment Consultants is searching for a Manufacturing Team Leader based in Gateshead to commence work for an International Electronics designer and manufacturer. The role will be leading a team of 5/6 members of staff within the manufacturing division and will require previous experience of electrical/mechanical assembly of electrical components.
- Perform all required tasks/operations within the manufacturing cell to include electrical and mechanical assembly, cable preparation, harnessing and soldering
- Ensure staff is at their place of work and are following company procedures
- Responsible for all Health & Safety issues that arise, through the correct company procedures (Risk Assessments and COSHH Data Sheets)
- Responsible for effective resource planning, management of the cell team and also development of the team
- Act as holiday/sickness cover
- Responsible for KPIs, Standard Hours v Actual Hours and 5S
- Responsible for first line discipline, use of fact file, issuing letters of concern and conducting Return to Work interviews
- Ensure staff skill matrices are up to date and all compulsory training requirements are current
- Complete NCR's and raise RFC's as and when required
- Attend management meetings and report on cell KPI's and all HR issues
- Actively follow the Company's Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work
- Educated to GCSE level
- Previous electrical/mechanical assembly of electrical components using drawings and/or works instructions
- The ability to use hand tools in the operation of assembly of component parts
- Time served within an electrical discipline will be highly beneficial
- Qualifications from previous employers, including IPC, JST, H&S, NVQ's would be preferred
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with workers at all levels of the organisation from assembler/technician through to senior management.
- Prove an ability to work within a team or as an individual
This is a permanent position working day shift and is based in Gateshead.
Our client is offering a competitive salary package with good company benefits.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett to discuss this role in more detail, she is available on or at
- team leader