A Manufacturing Team Leader is required to join an established firm based in Ashford due to continued growth.
The principal purpose of job is to execute the master sales plan in a safe and environmentally sound manner, at the minimum cost to the business through effective use of equipment, materials and a motivated team.
The key tasks are as follows:
- Manage all aspects of manufacturing operations to ensure that sales orders are produced and shipped in line with the master sales plan;
- Ensure safe systems of work exist and are maintained at all times. Set housekeeping standards, implement and carry out regular audit processes;
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve manufacturing processes (throughput, speed and quality);
- Establish and carry out equipment preventative and breakdown maintenance processes and schedules (arrange for equipment to be repaired as necessary);
- Identify skill gaps, create and deliver training plans for operators and, when appropriate, apprentice(s).
The secondary duties and responsibilities relating to this position include:
- Maintain disciplinary and absence management processes;
- Arrange and manage overtime working as required to achieve the master sales plan;
- Arrange logistics and produce delivery paperwork;
- Provide productive effort as required on plant as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain delivery performance data (measured against due date on works order document pack)
- Stock control to ensure that stock levels do not delay should ideally be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role where they have been able to deliver productivity and quality improvements.
You should have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and experience of implementing change using these tools. A working knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing and metal finishing processes would be advantageous.
If you have relevant experience to meet the needs of this role - please apply with an up to date CV.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.