We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join a highly respected energy and telecoms company in Southampton on a permanent basis. Due to a new opening, they are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join their enthusiastic team.
The selected candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities, which will include:
- Running the daily production meeting to achieve manufacturing targets.
- Assist Team Leaders with manufacturing techniques.
- Liaise with the logistics team to maximise customer service and minimise inventory.
- Monitoring and maintaining labour efficiency.
- Drive improvement projects, while managing costings and highlighting areas for potential savings.
- Modify existing processes for production and create new ones as necessary.
- Assist in achieving environmental responsibilities and targets by being involved in tours and environmental meetings.
- Motivating and developing team members and identify training needs.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Time-served Apprenticeship
- Educated to HNC or degree level in a technical discipline.
- Manufacturing/machines shop experience involving supervision of a manufacturing team.
- Experience of managing teams of 15+ people.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of individuals from team leaders to technicians and operators.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For further information please call Rebecca Hadaway on or email rebecca.hadaway @ blueprintrecuit.com and quote 13776, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below