Manufacturing Sciences and Technology Manager
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About the role:
This newly-crafted role will sit in Cambridge HQ office and be responsible for developing an supporting technology, process robustness, process optimization, technical transfers, investigations for process failures and corrective/preventive actions plans. This role requires an experienced biological manufacturing sciences person that can work cross functionally as well as liaise cross site and globally.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Ownership of the manufacturing process and develops improvements to increase robustness, reduce failures, defects
• Lead cross functional or manufacturing specific projects for process optimization, implementation of automation or new technology
• Training of manufacturing team members for improved process understanding and background including the science behind the process
• Facilitating quality methods development or confirmation for robustness
• Analytical data trending and analysis utilizing statistical evaluation to lead problem solving and process optimization
• Lead technical transfers, including internal cross site as well as external transfers between Abcam and external partners; also internal from NPD to manufacturing
• Develop culture and skill-building, leading the teaching of the "whys" behind the manufacturing processes across the technical operations organization
• Define appropriate "design of experiments" to optimize key manufacturing process steps
You should be qualified to at least a degree level (ideally Masters or PhD) or equivalent in a life sciences subject.
You will have significant work experience in a biological manufacturing and Technology Company, antibody manufacturing experience would be preferred.
In additional you will have substantial managerial experience and be a clear communicator with a highly collaborative approach and the ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences and you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
No agencies please.
- Production Management