Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
TM Resourcing (Technical & Engineering) are proudly recruiting on behalf of a well-established manufacturing group based in the Midlands.
This particular client offers milling, turning and assembly capabilities for a range of customers operating in various sectors (Aerospace, Motorsport, Marine, and Medical to name a few!)
The company are currently in a period of growth and are looking to increase their headcount by recruiting a Manufacturing/Production Engineer. The main purpose of this role will be to assist a number of senior members of staff to identify ways of improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process and reducing waste product.
- The Feasibility Process
- Technical input in quoting and estimating.; methods and cycle times
- Setting and Programming Machines where applicable.
- Review and improve the performance of Setters and Operators.
- General Troubleshooting technical problems in Setting and Production.
- Establishing best setting practice and developing this through Standard Operational Procedures with Production Personnel.
- Monitor and optimise the processes and improve time cycles.
- Monitor OEE and Set-up times on the machines
- Monitor and improve KPI's
- Right First Time, In Process Scrap, Final Inspection Scrap, Schedule Adherence
- Attend and contribute to regular stand up production meetings.
- Remain updated on new technology in machines and tooling etc.
Further Development & Training
- Coaching and mentoring in continuous improvement techniques
- Training and development in Datatrak
Skill & Abilities
- Time served engineer
- Experienced in setting and operating machines
- Able to read and understand drawings
- Understanding of cutting feeds and speeds
- An eye for detail
- Able to encourage and influence others
- Continuous Improvement
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Remains current with all technical developments
- Works well within a team and encourages positive working relationship
- Proven technical engineering background
- Good track record in carrying out feasibility studies
- Understands the technical support requirements within a small to medium sub contract manufacturing company
- Good knowledge of the Aerospace Sub Contract Sector
- Working knowledge of the requirements of Quality Management Systems; specifically AS9100 2016 Rev; D
- Sound sub contract engineering background
Personal Qualities & Other Requirements
- Full flexibility
- Willing to travel and occasionally work unsocial hours
- Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members
- Positive approach
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job