We are recruiting for a newly created role of Manufacturing Process Manager - * Note this is NOT a Production Manager, nor an Engineering Manager.
- Management of Production Engineering and Quality staff.
- Shop floor support to Manufacturing cells and Fuji SMT Line
- Development of tooling and test equipment
- Control and manage New Product Introduction to factory
- Develop and maintain highest levels of customer satisfaction by achieving a “right first time” performance culture.
- Ensure full compliance with national and international standards and legislation at all times
- Plan and implement capital investment programme
- Manage and control production engineering, tooling and test equipment
- Establish product times and productivity improvement programmes
- Introduction of upgrades and new design LED boards for fixtures
- Act as Quality Champion providing leadership to inspire employees to take up the quality culture change process which will include education and training programmes.
- Maintain and develop the application of ISO 9001:2015 management system applying the process of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Proactively influence and guide the product design team to enhance DFM and design out potential quality issues.
- Identify and lead projects aiming at cost reduction and yield improvement (CoPQ, Scrap, ppm etc.)
- Develop suitable metrics generating control documentation for line management.
- Introduce tools, techniques and KPIs to eliminate quality problems.
- Manage the Team ensuring their development and training to support the achievement of KPI‘s.
- Monitor and report regularly on quality performance by gathering data and providing statistical reports for Senior Management at local and group level.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Electronics)
- Min. 5 years experience in a Management position within a manufacturing organisation
- Surface Mount Manufacturing experience
- Proven background of driving down Cost and improving Yield
- QA/QC experience in a certified ISO9001 QMS environment
- Hands on experience in Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, QMS Audits (internal, external)
- A self starter with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of NPI, FMEA, SPC, 8D
- Excel proficiency on advanced level
- Full UK Driving Licence