Plant Manager - Manufacturing
- Salary subject to experience but in the region of £60-£80k + package
Reporting to the head of manufacturing the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a full shift operation, key responsibility will be the operational management of the manufacturing facility, including the health, safety and welfare of all employees, third party contractors and site visitors as well as complying with all standards and legislation, in addition to controlling budgets and forecasts to deliver agreed production volumes, expenditure and costs.
- To meet and exceed where possible agreed performance metrics for operational effectiveness of company assets.
- To develop fast connected flow across the plant, optimising the constraint and interactive bottlenecks within a Theory of Constraints (TOC), Drum Buffer Rope (DBR) environment.
- To build and develop a stronger management team capable of leading the hourly workforce to meet the demands of the future.
- To improve employee relations through participation of shop floor personnel in cross functional improvement activities.
- To identify, propose and implement opportunities for business improvement that enhance earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA).
- To identifying and eliminate historical practices that can impact the financial well-being of the plant.
- To deputise for the Head of Manufacturing as required.
- To work closely with Production Planners and Business Managers.
- To engage with the business management community to identify business opportunities within the capabilities of the plant.
- To maintain product quality standards.
- To improve communication throughout the organisation and at all levels.
- To manage direct reports, including carrying out of annual performance reviews, identifying training needs, agreeing development plans and managing attendance.
- To work with the Head of Manufacturing and Operations Director to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives.
- To recruit and induct new members of the manufacturing team in conjunction with the HR department.
- To develop and encourage health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, observing Health and Safety rules at all times.
- To follow Company quality Procedures, Standards and Work Instructions.
- To carry out reasonable duties as requested by Management.
- Turning and Milling Manager
- Gearcutting, Grinding and Cell Manager
- Inspection Manager
- Heat Treat, Shot Peen and NDT Manager
- Nightshift Manager
You will be educated to degree level in a Science or Engineering based discipline
Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Project
Must have a good understanding of Engineering Drawings.
Must have a good understanding of manufacturing principles
Understanding of transmission components and Manufacturing systems.
Must have good awareness of production environments.
Must have good awareness of a manufacturing environment.
Must have good commercial awareness.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"