Manufacturing Performance Accountant
Up to £50,000 plus benefits
Sector leading manufacturer seek to recruit a Manufacturing Performance Accountant to be responsible for developing and maintaining a cost accounting system to enable detailed understanding of current and future product and manufacturing process costs. In this newly created role you will be working closely with both the manufacturing operations, marketing and the R&D product development teams to analyse and advise on manufacturing process and product design decisions. The objective of systematically removing cost and waste and improving product margins.
· Establish and maintain a system for recording standard and actual manufacturing costs by product and process in the UK manufacturing location
- Work with the finance team to understand and explain manufacturing performance
- Produce data and analysis to identify continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities in a lean manufacturing environment
- Liaise with and share best practice with other manufacturing locations globally
- Work closely with R&D project teams to provide financial support and oversight through the new product development (NPD) lifecycle from concept to production
- Provide financial modelling to track and manage R&D project costs, provide financial oversight and direction through the project to highlight financial impact of decisions on the cost of the project as well as to the final product cost
- Provide financial commentary at each NPD gate review
- Transition of product costing data from R&D to production cost accounting department for a smooth transition into full production
- Provide assistance in financial evaluation of NPD and capital project investments and review of investment requests before release to the required investment approvers
You will have the drive, ambition and vision to develop and maintain the cost accounting system moving forward and the motivation to value add at all times. To be considered for this role you will ideally be CIMA / ACCA qualified however this is not essential, however experience of costing in a manufacturing environment is. You will also play a part in the implementation of a new ERP system and take the lead in shaping the costing element.
For further information on this role please contact Lee Walker at Seymour John Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'