This is a genuine temp to perm position
£17500 For the first 12 weeks whist on probation , after completion of probationary period £18600 rising in 6 monthly increments up to £21000 if all training is successfully completed
Our Client based in the Darnell area of Sheffield.
Immediate starts available
Hours: Shift System - Continental shifts 2 shift patterns (mornings, and Nights) 06:00 - 18:00 / 18:00 - 06:00
Leave: 25 days per annum plus 8 public holidays (the factory will be closed for 2 specific periods each year
Responsible for assisting the running of an extrusion and print line, manufacturing plastics building products to acceptable and defined quality standards, output and scrap performance criteria.
Reporting to a Shift Supervisor, and part of a small team, efficiently helping to set and operate the line in accordance with operating procedures, setting conditions and manufacturing instructions. Working within all operational requirements, ie. Health & Safety, Standard Safe Systems at Work Procedures (SSWPs) and Human Resource policies.
- Assisting and running the manufacturing lines and packing the finished products on a rotating 2 shifts days and nights shift operation.
- Ensuring the line is efficiently changed including material blends, process condition setting and print changes.
- Performing quality inspection test to ensure the suitability of the finished product to defined and certified quality standards.
- Finished goods labelling, packing and preparation.
- Warehousing duties including storage of finished goods and supply of raw materials
- Work within the organisation’s Health and Safety guidelines to keep work area and equipment safe and clean.
- Ideally will have plastics processing experience and familiar with either extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding.
- Printing experience (flexo) would also be a major advantage.
- Alternatively machine operation experience of manufacturing machinery ideally continuous manufacturing and/or some engineering experience.
- Would be willing to drive counterbalance and reach trucks.
- Need reliable (timekeeping), attention to detail, capable of working with minimal supervision to deadlines.
- Capable of getting through a high volume of work accurately.
- Need to be able work within a team and contribute to the bigger business in terms of suggestions and contribution to improving processes and systems.
- Full machine operation training and training on company systems will be given.
- Is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work planned for the day is completed.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Strongly self-motivated- showing a desire to get things done.
- Passionate and driven- being prepared to go the 'extramile’ to achieve objectives.
- Committed to excellence -providing the best and being driven by satisfaction.
- Team player: Understand the need to co-operate with team colleagues to get the job done in a timely manner.
- Ambitious- thriving on achievement and keen to develop.
- Flexible- adapting approach to suit the situation and business need.
- Communication -both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and accuracy -strives for 100% accuracy 100% of the time.