An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Manager to join the world’s largest commercial manufacturer of cellulose diacetate films. Our client utilize specialized casting technology in their production processes allowing them to produce an extensive range of acetate films in a variety of gauges.
The Manufacturing Manager is a key member of the site leadership team and is responsible for implementing the operation strategy. As a proven people leader, the Manufacturing Manager will have the ability to recognise and develop talent. This will be done whilst ensuring continuous improvement in plant performance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leading and acting as role model
- Lead the operations team to deliver safety, quality, reliability and engagement plans
- Lead stewardship activities for the team including field walks, hazard and near miss reporting and behavioural observation programmes
- Monitor plant performance against a range of business KPI’s with specific emphasis on achieving prescribed improvements in performance
- Lead the development of the operations team.
- Set the team and individual objectives to meet the overall business goals.
- Ensure that all personnel are trained and competent in their role requirements
- Manage employee disciplinaries, grievances and absence in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Lead the recruitment of operations personnel as required.
- Assist in Identifying, prioritising and resolving technical process issues.
- Collaborate with members of the Technical Team to ensure successful introduction of new products to the plant
Key Skills and Abilities
- Motivates others to achieve core principles
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the initiative, drive and tenacity to set high standards of operating performance
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and fully utilise the knowledge and skills of the production teams
- The ability to communicate effectively, consistently and influentially across the business
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Experienced in the use of performance measures to drive business improvement.
- Previous, proven experience in a challenging plant based technical, engineering or operational role, ideally with people management responsibilities
- Knowledge/experience of continuous or batch manufacturing processes would be advantageous
- High standards of health, safety and environmental awareness
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where you will have a chance to demonstrate your leadership skills and be rewarded for your efforts.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary (circa £60k depending on experience)
37.5 hours per week, based in Derby, excellent benefits package and free parking!
Please apply with cover letter and CV, suitable candidates will receive a response within 7 days.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Root Cause Analysis
- Production Processes
- Technical Process
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'